Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: new indented scar-copper peptides for healing w/o dermarolling first?  (Read 8615 times)

lymegirl

• Forum member
Dear Sarah,

I have a new scar on my face (picture included). It was from an acne lesion that had scabbed over. I picked it (I know, I shouldn't have!) then left it alone and the rest of the (now thin) scab fell off eventually, though I believe the damage had already been done. I am using bioCorneum (silicone gel) 2 times a day. I wash it only once in the morning, apply a thin cote, sunscrean, then a bit of makeup, and at night I apply another thin cote. It has been two weeks since my scab has been off. My scar is still a bit indented (the part that bothers me the most!) and it is pink/red. I was looking into maybe using your copper peptides, though I don't know if I should use your cream or mask.

[deleted by moderator - I am sorry but we don't comment on third-party products, neither do we allow mention of competing products on this forum - this forum is a database with Q&A on our products only]

Does it look like my scar has the potential to "fill in" over a couple of months? I still am interested in dermarolling the rest of my face as I would like to improve the overall texture of my skin!

My to-buy list from you:
My skin is somewhat sensitive than some others (because it is fair etc.), so when I needle I was going to get the vitamin C, infadolen (though I hope it doesn't clog my pores because I get that strange milia on my face?), .025% Retinol Cream, and a 1 mm dermaroller. I will come up with some regimen to use these using what you have recommended to others!

[deleted by moderator - Thank you for your kind words but Lyme is off topic for this forum, sorry]

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:31:16 AM by SarahVaughter »

lymegirl

• Forum member
Re: new indented scar-copper peptides for healing w/o dermarolling first?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 05:28:25 PM »
I am sorry for getting slightly off topic at the end of my post! My main question is, do you think I should use your copper peptides (either the cream or mask) on my acne scar spot until it heals (about a month or so?) and then start dermarolling? Do you think it has the potential to heal completely on its own before the needling even though it is indented? And once I start dermarolling, do you recommend a stamp for that area, along with a dermaroll for the rest of my face?

Thank you so much! You are truly wonderful and I will continue to spread the word about you!! :)
All my very best wishes,
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:31:39 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: new indented scar-copper peptides for healing w/o dermarolling first?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 05:31:34 PM »
Thank you  :)

I know that you know but for the others: Please, never forcibly remove scabs because a prematurely removed scab can end up as a permanent scar. Avoid everything that can prematurely remove it, such as exfoliation, massage, picking on it etc. Keep the scab very much moisturized; it will keep them longer in place.

I think your scar will likely improve by itself. Wait at least one month. If it doesn’t improve, start dermastamping every 10 days with a 1 mm dermastamp.

You do not need the copper peptides now. Continue with your regime.

Biocorneum just forms a breathable film on the scar which keeps it moist and protected. If possible, avoid the makeup or apply just a little.

What exactly are you planning to improve on in regard to the rest of your skin? Do you have scars, hyperpigmentation, clogged pores or other problems?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:31:51 AM by SarahVaughter »