Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Question on burns  (Read 5075 times)

Flying Lotus

• Forum member
Question on burns
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:41:28 PM »
I have a severe scar burn on my the top of my hand. I wanted to know what some people would say about using the 2mm derma roller on it?  Just wanted to know if it would be alright because the skin on the top of our hands is obviously very thin and I was thinking it might have to long of needles for that area of skin. Open to anyone's ideas.
Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Question on burns
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:13:08 PM »
I am happy to hear that dermaneedling works for the acne scars of your friend (as you wrote in your email to me).

In general, burns need long needles but the area at the back of hands is thin and 2 mm size needles are too long. In your case, I suggest a 1 mm dermastamp (not a dermaroller). In the future, if you do not get substantial improvement with the 1 mm size, you could even try a 1.5 mm dermastamp (depending on how it goes with the 1 mm size - whether you bleed a lot, get bruises etc.).