Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: one large dermastamp per session (whole face)?  (Read 5749 times)

Streak

• Forum member
one large dermastamp per session (whole face)?
« on: April 06, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »
Hi Sarah and fellow micro-needlers,

I'm planning a micro-needling regimen to address a few facial scars, wrinkles, and for general facial rejuvenation. I'd like to use the large dermastamp (80 needles, 1.5 mm) for fairly dense needling of my whole face, every 3 to 4 weeks.

Will one dermastamp be enough, per session, to treat my whole face, or should I have extras on hand? The instructions on the box say not to use more than 20 or 30 times, but I'm not sure how that will translate to one full face session.

(I'll also be using the smaller dermastamps and single needles to treat individual scars and some deeper wrinkles - the large dermastamp will be for the larger facial areas.)

Thank you - any input is appreciated!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: one large dermastamp per session (whole face)?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 05:34:53 PM »
If you have wrinkles around the eyes, around your lips or in between the eyebrows, a large dermastamp is not suitable because it cannot really target these areas. The size guide for various skin conditions is in our instructions. If you have questions after reading it, just ask:

https://http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

Streak

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 08:00:19 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply!  :)

I do have some smaller dermastamps and a 3 line roller for my upper lip area and around my eyes, so I should be all set.

I also plan to take some before photos, and hopefully in another 6 months or so I'll have "after" photos that show improvement.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 06:09:52 AM »
You do not need more than one large dermastamp to do your face but replace it after about six full face stampings. If the needles seem blunt, replace it even sooner.  It means you will need about three large stamps a year when stamping the entire face every three to four weeks.

We don't control what's on that box - it's apparently based on a general, average-size treatment area typical for its use (usually the stomach or thighs for a large dermastamp).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:11:04 AM by SarahVaughter »