Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: a scar from a large pool of blood under the skin  (Read 5450 times)

bessiestewart

• Forum member
a scar from a large pool of blood under the skin
« on: May 04, 2013, 11:14:42 PM »
dear sarah,
when i was a child and behaving as a daredevil i walked across a metal bike rack, slipped and very badly bruised my thigh/hip.  it was one of those bruises where there's a big giant pool of blood under the skin making a large bump. i was very embarrassed and hid the bruise from my parents, but probably i should have gone to the doctor and had it better taken care of.  it healed but left a very large lump of, i guess, scar, where the blood was.  i have done all sorts of manipulation and pressure and massage etc to try to break it up now that i am older but nothing has worked.  i am quite aware of it and i think most people think it's some weird cellulite making a little shelf on my leg, but i wonder if derma rolling could possibly work on it? and if so, would i use a stamp with the longest needle? would i follow the same protocol of 3 week interval for such a weird scar? it's quite thick. but i wonder if the healing response even 2mm deep might sort of trigger the whole thing being broken up and dissipating???
i love your site and have ordered some other products to try out. just warming up to dermarolling.
thank you!
bess

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: a scar from a large pool of blood under the skin
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 06:26:01 PM »
I have been involved in dermarolling for many years but I must admit that even after a solid half dozen years in this field there are still questions concerning problems that are so specific and so unique that nobody knows for sure whether mcironeedling would help.

The lump may actually be in deeper layers than the skin (the skin is approximately 1.3 -2 mm thick, depending where it resides) and if it is deeper, mcironeedling will not help.

Try a 2 mm dermastamp and stamp the scar every 3-4 weeks. You do not have to insert the full length of the needles (or not until you get accustomed to stamping).

If the scar is raised, perform the pressure massage described here:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/what-to-do-about-hypertrophic-scars/

Please let us know about your results.

bessiestewart

• Forum member
Re: a scar from a large pool of blood under the skin
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 09:58:20 PM »
i know it is pretty weird.   :-[
i will try it, because i have nothing to lose in trying.  and from all i have read, it's truly safe.  i will try to take before and after photos to see if it really changes and i will let you know. 
thank you!