Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Can i Use a 0.5 once a week on acne scars?  (Read 10731 times)

ali1914

• Forum member
Can i Use a 0.5 once a week on acne scars?
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:31:48 AM »
Hi can I use a 0.5 roller on my face once a week for acne scars..I've just ordered a 0.5 roller and a 1.00 stamp from you and wondered if this can be used at the same time and once a week or longer, thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Can i Use a 0.5 once a week on acne scars?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:15:48 PM »
Yes, you can roll with a 0.5 mm roller up to three times a week in between your dermastamping sessions.

If you have quite serious scars, you should have bought a 1.5 mm dermastamp. Or at least buy it in the future, after your 1 mm dermastamp gets blunt. If you have mild scars, a 1 mm size is OK.

ali1914

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 06:00:19 AM »
Thank you Sarah, I will try the 1.00 stamp and if i have no luck I'll try the 1.5.

I have also been using Retina for just over a year and in recent months progressed to a 0.5 which seem to work quite good for my skin. I used nightly but now use a couple of times a week. How many days after rolling should i use the Retina? My face goes quite red for about 24-48 hours.

And lastly!I do have ultra sensitive skin to many products but have found grapeseed oil seems to work pretty well overall..Would this be OK to use directly after rolling?

Thank you so much for your advice  ;D

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 04:35:50 PM »
Wait with the Retin A until the skin is not red any more.

BTW, some of our customers who are struggling with "stubborn" scars are applying the A-Ret right after dermarolling (it stings and it irritates the skin) to induce intensive peeling.

You can read about it n this forum thread (reply 25 from Cesamaddictaol and my reply 26):

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/evenly-spread-acne-scars/15/

However, concerning acne scars, I only recommend A-ret right after dermaneedling after many months of dermaneedling, after you decide that dermaneedling does not significantly improve the scars any further. Then it is time to improvise a little and combine various methods.

ali1914

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 05:53:27 PM »
Thanks again for your great advice. Yes it probably would be too much atm for my skin to apply the retin.

One final question if that's ok...Would it be fine to use the retin on the days i don't roller and of course when my skin has all calmed down?

Thanks again Sarah

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 05:56:39 PM »
Yes, this would be fine.

ali1914

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 06:25:06 PM »
Thanks Sarah...I can't wait for the stamp and new roller to arrive. I will keep updating any progress and will be asking you more questions again soon lol...Regards

ali1914

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 06:13:40 AM »
Hi again Sarah, I knew it wouldn't be long before asking you more questions lol.

I have received roller and stamp..fantastic!! and have used both, my question is how often can i used the 1. stamp in conjunction with the 0.5 roller? You did say i could use the roller 3 times a week, but not sure about the stamp?

Also what roller do you recommend for neck, decolletage and arms too please..atm i use the 0.5 on neck and decolletage and i have a 1 roller which i use on arms, thanks very much.

ali1914

• Forum member
do you think a 1.0 roller would be better for acne scars?
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 08:34:56 AM »
Hi Sarah do you think that a 1.0 roller would be better for acne scars and maybe a 1.5 stamp too? the 0.5 roller and 1.00 stamp is making my skin  look healthier but it's not really helping with the pitted scars, thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 05:14:24 PM »
The 1 mm stamp - every 10 to 14 days. In between you can roll up to three times a week with your 0.5 mm roller.

You can use a 1 mm dermaroller for all the areas that you : Neck, décolletage and arms.