Forums > Dermarolling / Microneedling

ACNE SCARS on dark skin before and after dermaneedling

<< < (2/2)

SarahVaughter:
For the time being, I suggest you use just a 1.5 mm dermastamp (not a dermaroller) and stamp your scars densely every three weeks. Stamp scars on one cheek, when it heals, stamp the other cheek.

Please write me after about six months and tell me whether the scars are improving and whether you get hyperpigmentation after stamping and if yes, how long it lasts. Then we may add more dermaneedling instruments to your skin care.

You have a very even skin tone and apart for a few scars, your skin looks nice.

PicturePerfect22:
Sarah:
I appreciate the reply Sarah!

So with the 1.5, Im sure ill need a topical numbing cream rite?

Also, as far as alternating cheeks, do you mean the first week do the left and after the next 3 do the  right? Or do you mean do each within a couple days?  Also with incorporating needling into my current routine, do I skip the cleansing brush on the day I needle? And also how soon wld I be able to go back to using it?

NoMoreScars:

I can definitely see why your so passionate about needling. Feel free to email me as well :0) Im going to try to stay consistent. I know consistency equals results.

Congratulations on quitting smoking!! That alone is a big accomplishment!

SarahVaughter:
It depends how sensitive you are to pain. Many of our customers stamp or roll without a numbing cream. Stamping is less painful than rolling.

I meant within a couple of days. As soon as the first cheek looks healed, stamp the other. Write down what date you stamped which cheek so that you know when to stamp next. Each cheek should be done approximately every three weeks.

You can brush on the day that you needle but do not brush until the needled skin looks healed. Never brush or exfoliate if you have scabs. Scabs must fall off naturally when they are "ready". The forcible removal of scabs can leave scars.

PicturePerfect22:
Sarah:
Ok sounds good. Thankyou for the feedback! I will definitely get started ASAP!  :)

SarahVaughter:
She emailed me the after pictures:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version