Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Hair Transplant Scar Rolling  (Read 6224 times)

fightthewhite

• Forum member
Hair Transplant Scar Rolling
« on: July 23, 2013, 12:07:41 PM »
Hi Sarah,

I have a large area of hair transplant donor site "white dot" scars on the back of my head, as well as a fairly large white surgical scar on top of my head from a scalp reduction. These scars are 30 years old and somewhat soft. I shave my head having rec'd micropigmentation that has not held in these scarred areas (I will retain this fully shaved look permanently so now I'm battling these scars.. There is healthy skin in between the "dots" area, and am hoping this will assist in some way to benefitting the specific dots that are in two distinct areas on the back sides of my head about 2 inches tall by 4 inches wide.

What are your suggestions for dermarolling and dermastamping re needle size and frequency for the dots area, as well as the large scar that is about 5 inches long by 1/4" wide?

Any additional suggestions re treatment, pre and post rolling and topical solution/ointments application would be appreciated as well.

I have consulted several of the best authorities on this type of scarring and am not getting encouraging news. I will soon be in communication with a man with a similar situation who, as I understand it, had success with the ReCell procedure that was preceded by a subcision and fat transfer procedure that was done to elevate the recessed areas and bring them flush to the healthy skin. The same is being prescribed for me by the same doctor, pre- ReCell treatment, but I am concerned about the retention or dissipation of the fat.

The doctor will be dermarolling the scarred areas just prior to applying the ReCell, and after consulting with hime hegave me permission to self-roll if only to stimulate some collagen and pigment growth and/or movement.

Help !!! I wore a hairpiece for years only to cover the scarring, and with the hope of ridding the scarring through pigmentation that did not work, I am left w/ the scarring still. I will never wear a hairpiece again, as I like the shaved look, but the scarring is very troubling to say the least. This is a bad dream that never ends. Though I am 52, I'm a decent looking guy who has always maintained a nice physique, but it seems my scarring takes center stage and impacts most aspects of my life in a negative way.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Hair Transplant Scar Rolling
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:41:40 AM »
I like scars and wrinkles in men..

Currently there is no method that can completely remove a scar. You can only improve the appearance of the scar and make it less visible.

If the skin trauma from follicle donation caused the recession of fat right under the skin or the fat was somehow taken together with the follicles and that is why the area is indented, dermaneedling will not help the indentation. Dermaneedling will improve damage or indentation that is in the skin but cannot affect the structures underneath it.

For all your scars, buy a 1 mm dermastamp and stamp them every 10 days. You do not have to use any products or pretreatment on the scalp area. I do not think you will be able to stamp the back of the head yourself and you will likely have to ask someone to do it for you.

I wrote about ReCell here:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/recell-and-dermarolling/
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:41:13 AM by SarahVaughter »