Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Help: Too much ret-a used???  (Read 5741 times)

zy

• Forum member
Help: Too much ret-a used???
« on: August 15, 2013, 06:01:53 AM »
Hi there, I just received my dermarolling set I ordered from this website and I was very excited to get started. I started on my body first because I wanted to see how the dermarolling will affect my body and the pain level. Since I decided to dermaroll my body, I chose to use the ret-a cream on my face first because I heard that the ret-a has many healing and skin regeneating properties. When I opened the tube, a lot of cream started oozing out, and I suspected that it was due to the change in air pressure from the plane and the ground. Not wanting to waste all the cream, I decided to slather it all on my face. Mind you, I figured that my skin on my face was pretty 'strong' and I was able to withstand whatever chemical they had put in the ret-a cream, because I have put many other things on my face before. When I woke up the next morning, my whole face was red and peeling and it BURNS. I panicked and didn't know what to do and and started washing my face. Well, that made it worse and my face was really burning by that time.

It has been two days and my face is still peeling, but it is only peeling in my cheek area and I started having really deep pimples on my chin. I was wondering if I am able to wear makeup with my skin in this condition because I have to attend a wedding tomorrow and I don't want to look like I just had a bad sunburn D: Also, does anyone know what I can do to prevent so much skin peeling and to calm down my sensitive skin.

Thanks!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Help: Too much ret-a used???
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 09:15:41 AM »
That's bad and I'm sorry it happened!

That being said, we warn against the over-use of Tretinoin in many places on our site. .

In the description of the product in our shop, we say that a pea size amount of cream is enough for the entire face and that the skin may start peeling.

The chapter about Tretinoin in our 34 pages dermarolling instructions says:

"Only a pea-size amount of gel should be used to spread on the entire face. Using more may cause irritation and redness.

Tretinoin will likely make your skin peel.
"

A downloadable leaflet in the support section on our site about the cream also explains how to use it.

A forum thread explaining the basics about Tretinoin:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/questions-about-our-three-a-ret-creams/

I understand that you did not want to waste the cream but concerning Tretinoin, the more is not the better.

The redness and peeling are only temporary and it will go away.

Take a cotton pad, sprinkle it with tap water, add some oil and apply it regularly on your face. This may slightly diminish peeling.

Keep it moisturized.

Yes, you can wear makeup but you must apply something very moisturizing under the make up to avoid the drying out of the makeup.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:45:57 AM by SarahVaughter »

zy

• Forum member
Re: Help: Too much ret-a used???
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 05:51:22 AM »
Oh ok. thank you so much! i will take note of that in the future :)