Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Can Leaving A Layer of Blood After Stamping Affect Healing?  (Read 13020 times)

Newday

• Forum member
Can Leaving A Layer of Blood After Stamping Affect Healing?
« on: August 27, 2013, 11:36:01 PM »
I realize now that it might not be recommended but each time after I derma stamp, I would get a thick layer of blood and I would leave it to dry. The reason why I did this is because there is quite a bit of pinpoint blooding afterwards. After it dries, i feel a tug in the skin because of it drying. The next day I would moisturize after it loosens up from a shower.

I was wondering, could leaving it to dry like this on the night I stamped affect healing? Like giving me "not as good" results then if I had washed it off and moisturized? Any downfalls what so ever that may affect the "filling of an indent"?

Thanks in advance!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Can Leaving A Layer of Blood After Stamping Affect Healing?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 05:47:37 AM »
I do not think there is any problem with leaving the pinpoint bleeding on the skin until the next day.

If you take a shower where the dried blood kind of dissolves and slowly washes off, it is OK but do not forcibly remove dry scabs from the skin. Scabs must be left until they are "ripe" and fall off by themselves. Never pick off a scab, if you remove it prematurely, it can leave a scar.

Keep the treated area very much moisturized. You can leave the pinpoint bleeding on the skin but apply for example a little of almond oil or a little of our Infadolan ointment (if you are acne prone, apply something that you know does not break you out) on the skin when you are done with your stamping session. There is no problem leaving the blood on the skin but the treated area should not get dried out, no matter if you leave the blood on or not.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:43:04 AM by SarahVaughter »

cj123

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 01:13:04 AM »
I get a lot of bleeding too. I always rinse it off immediately with a lot of water and then press down on the area with a clean facial tissue until it mostly stops. Then if anything else comes out I rinse with water again and use facial tissue again. I have now gotten to the point where there is no pinpoint bleeding spots left at all and I bleed a lot when doing the needling and rolling.

The reason I'm so careful with this now is that I had a derma rolling done by a doctor and I didn't know he had left a thick scab of blood on my face. It looked horrible and almost black and it did not want to come off in the shower. I had to be somewhere in public and even makeup could not cover it so I foolishly picked at it until it came off and it left an indented scar that I'm still treating to this day. I have to admit that I'm still mad at that doctor for his carelessness.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 09:42:30 AM »
Yes, exactly, that is why it is better to remove most of the blood before it dries into major scabs. There is principally no problem leaving blood on, except the problem with scabs.

Newday

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 01:53:27 PM »
I do not think there is any problem with leaving the pinpoint bleeding on the skin until the next day.

If you take a shower where the dried blood kind of dissolves and slowly washes off, it is OK but do not forcibly remove dry scabs from the skin. Scabs must be left until they are "ripe" and fall off by themselves. Never pick off a scab, if you remove it prematurely, it can leave a scar.

Keep the treated area very much moisturized. You can leave the pinpoint bleeding on the skin but apply for example a little of almond oil or a little of our Infadolan ointment (if you are acne prone, apply something that you know does not break you out) on the skin when you are done with your stamping session. There is no problem leaving the blood on the skin but the treated area should not get dried out, no matter if you leave the blood on or not.

Thank you for the replies, I do have a question however.

If i can remember, about 2 months ago when I had started stamping with the 1mm (now I use a 1.5mm), through my first 3 sessions I didn't moisturize which later I realize that not moisturizing was wrong. The reason why I didn't moisturize when I had started was because my skin in the area's where I had stamped get's fairly oily on it's own. I don't have dry skin so I thought it might be Ok to not moisturize since my skin will moisturize it's self. Now I do moisturize after I stamp.

I was wondering, could not moisturizing after stamping the area and days to come cause "No results"? Could not moisturizing the area cause a "Stunt" in the growth of collagen or does it only "Prolong" the healing speed/ entire process. So basically, will it just extend (Prolong) the results I will get or will it actually affect collagen formation and the overall maximum results I can get if I don’t moisturize compared to moisturizing? I want to know more about what would happen if I don't moisturize the area of the skin after derma stamping and days to come post stamping compared to moisturizing it, and  in terms of results.

Thanks in advance!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 06:13:27 AM »
The outermost layer of the skin has a barrier to prevent water evaporation from the skin. This barrier is temporarily compromised after microneedling and that is one of many reasons why the treated area should be kept moisturized, preferably with something that acts as a barrier (semi-occlusive). Semi occlusive creams, oils can however sometimes causes breakouts in acne prone individuals so acne prone individuals should use (on the face) any cream that they know from their experience does not break them out. On the body, everybody should keep the treated area as moisturize as possible – for example with our Infadolan ointment that is semi occlusive or with oils.

You will certainly get results without keeping the area moisturized but your goal is to establish good conditions in the skin and dried out skin is for many reasons not an ideal condition for the processes in the skin after microneedling.