Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Best way to get better results with acne scars  (Read 8251 times)

hancho

• Forum member
Best way to get better results with acne scars
« on: September 04, 2013, 03:23:53 AM »
I just started dermarolling couple ago but I have questions so I can prepare for my next roll. I'm using 1.5mm.

I have depressed rolling scars on my cheecks and temple. Is it better to just focus/roll only on that area and not the normal skin? I was wondering this because if for example collagen slowly started growing on the scarred areas then it would slowly match the normal skin level and everything would be great. But what happens when you needle both scarred and normal skin, since the collagen growth would be relative then the end result would be the same as if I didn't even rolled at all. I'm asking this because I want to roll the normal skin too because my normal skin isn't that great and I want to improve my overall complexion and some places have sun damage, premature wrinkling, etc. But my main priority is of course the depressed rolling scars.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:52:30 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Best way to get better results with acne scars
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 05:53:11 PM »
First of all, you really should add a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles to your dermarolling sessions. A combination of a dermaroller and a more targeted instrument (such as a dermastamp) proved to be the most effective.

During the same session (every three weeks), stamp the scars and then roll them.

If you have too many scars, you do not have to treat them all in one session. You can treat one cheek, as soon as it heals, treat the other, when it heals treat the temple etc.

If you have the rolling type of acne scars, add our suction pump because this type of scars is usually tethered to the underlying structures and the pump will help releasing the fibers.

Scars are a difficult problem and various approaches and a little improvisation is often needed to achieve results.

If you also have the boxcar type of acne scars, you can for example try inducing intensive peeling by applying the A-Ret cream (we sell it) right after microneedling (it stings and it irritates the skin). Do a test patch first to see how your skin reacts.

You can read about it in this forum thread (reply 25 from Cesamaddictaol and my reply #26):

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/evenly-spread-acne-scars/15/

There is no problem with treating scarred and non-scarred skin at the same time because the scarred skin has tendency to level up to the surrounding skin, no matter whether the surrounding skin is treated or not. You should however concentrate on the scars as much as you can because scars really need intensive treatments and it sometimes takes a long time to improve them.