Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Chicken pox scar  (Read 7521 times)

fusion

• Forum member
Chicken pox scar
« on: October 16, 2013, 01:38:45 AM »
Hi,

I was just hoping to get a few pointers regarding the suction method.
Basically, when you're suctioning, is the scar tissue itself meant to invert? ie. I'm finding that the whole 'circle' area of skin lifts up, but 9/10 times the scar on the lifted skin is still inverted, if that makes sense?

If this is incorrect, does that essentially invalidate the procedure?

Attached is a pic of my horrible scars.

Any tips for scars like this?
I've needled a fair bit in the past and the biggest improvement was the texture and 'softening' of the scar tissue.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 07:45:54 AM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Chicken pox scar
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 05:50:48 PM »
>lifts up, but 9/10 times the scar on the lifted skin is still inverted, if that makes sense?

Yes, it makes sense and it looks like your scars are so tightly tethered to the underlying structures that the pump is not enough. I think you should try a professionally performed subcision or a subcision followed by saline injections if you can find a doctor who performs it:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/saline-injections-for-acne-scars/

(Or a subcision followed up with the suction method).

Maybe, as a result of chicken pox, the fat that lies right underneath the skin atrophied in certain chicken pox spots and the atrophied fat is the main cause of indentations.

I know you stamped with a 2 mm dermastamp and to be honest, I do not have better advice than the dermastamp and the pump.

You can try to stamp densely and then pump strongly RIGHT AFTER stamping and for two weeks.

I am sorry that microneedling did not significantly help in your case.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 03:14:00 PM by SarahVaughter »