Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Stopping Single Needling  (Read 13684 times)

Scaaarrr

• Forum member
Stopping Single Needling
« on: October 20, 2013, 05:55:29 PM »
Hi! Im new to the forum!

I recently bought the single needles.
Im planning to use them on some icepicks on my cheeks and nose.
I read your posts about the nose and how itès unpredictable.
I also read your suggestion of how we should approach nose scars which is to prick it 3 times then wait to see if it heals well, then prick 4 times and so on.

I am going to follow your suggestion.
But im wondering, i read that your single needles automatically stops at 1.8mm. Isn't that too long for the nose? Im not sure. But in anycase, how do you "adjust" the stopper so that it will automatically stop at 1mm? or 1.5mm?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Stopping Single Needling
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 06:45:19 PM »
The best solution is, I think, to wait a few days and buy our new, small 12-needled dermastamp.

If you want to limit the length of our new model single needle, you should take a piece of plastic foil with a known thickness and stick it carefully onto the needle. If you cut out a 2 x 2 mm piece of 0.5 mm foil for example and stick it onto the needle, you'll have an 1.3 mm length.

Scaaarrr

• Forum member
Re: Stopping Single Needling
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 09:07:44 PM »
Also, I'm going to use the single needling for a hypertrophic scar on my face. Im worried it might stay red for days or even weeks. Will it be red for a long amoung of time? If so, how long approximately?