Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Frequency of use of copper peptide masks?  (Read 8812 times)

FINLEY

• Forum member
Frequency of use of copper peptide masks?
« on: May 22, 2010, 02:34:35 PM »
I received my copper peptide masks promptly.  Should I use a mask before rolling, or after, and, how often after rolling?  

Additionally, I have enlarged pores on my nose.  How often may I single needle those pores in order to possibly help decrease the size of each pore?

Thanks, as always......

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Frequency of use of copper peptide masks?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 08:31:32 AM »
The mask should be used after rolling. You can use it every week after rolling with a 0.20 or 0.25 roller, or less frequently when rolling with longer needles. I have used it twice with a 1 mm roller, 3 weeks apart.

The concentration of copper peptides is quite high and the rolling will greatly enhance its penetration so if it is too strong for your skin, do not use it immediately after rolling. Use it in between the rolling sessions or a couple of days after dermarolling. As is often the case, the optimum interval is individual. I used it immediately after rolling (I washed my face with tap water after rolling and applied the mask) and everything went fine.  However, not everyone can tolerate a high concentration of copper peptides without turning red, temporarily.

Just to show you how difficult it is to give some general advice:  I once applied 0.025% Retin A immediately after rolling with 0.20 mm and I ended up with badly stinging skin for hours. It was really unpleasant.  I know people who do likewise but not experience any stinging.  What am I supposed to advise our customers?  I advise them not to use Retin A after the rolling because I prefer to stay on the safe side.
   But you are free to see how far you can go.

By the way, when I took the mask out of its packaging, there was a bit of copper peptide liquid left in the sachet. I closed the sachet with paper clips and put it in the fridge.  I used the remaining liquid some days later. Just rubbed it in my face.

A dermaroller seems to be much more effective with acne scars than with large pores. Large pores are basically ducts in the skin and they just don't seem to get much smaller. Some customers succeeded in getting their pores smaller with dermarolling but I have to admit that they are in the minority. At   least what has been reported to us so far.

You should first try to use a dermaroller (every month) on your nose. Give
it at least six months.

Large pores really are very hard to solve. We have customers who had a dermabrasion in order to make the pores smaller and it actually made their pores more prominent and other customers were happy with the result of
dermabrasion to help with large pores. We got more than one email from people who spent thousands of dollars for Fraxel laser treatment for their large pores and they got no results whatsoever..