Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Skin thickness  (Read 6080 times)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Skin thickness
« on: July 21, 2010, 11:55:45 AM »
> I just ordered your starter pack with the 2mm roller. I read through the

> information and was wondering what skin is thick enough for this length?

> I'm primarily using this for acne scars on my chest, back, and upper arms

> (keratosis pilaris).  I am also a male, so I know this helps as far as

> thickness goes. These areas should all be fine, right?

The thickest skin (epidermis and dermis) is (apart from foot soles and hand palms) found on the back. All your other intended areas are also quite thick.

The thinnest skin is on the upper and lower eyelids (0.3-0.5 mm). Relatively thin is the skin on the top of the collar bones, in the groin and in the armpits. The neck has usually thinner skin than the face. The face doesn't have the same thickness either. The centre of the forehead is thicker than the sides, the chin is thicker than the cheeks etc. It can vary with age and it varies individually as well.

A 2 mm roller doesn't penetrate the full 2 mm into the skin. Males have usually thicker skin as you mentioned. If you were a woman, I'd recommend using a 1.5 mm roller instead. You can control the penetration of the needles by putting more or less pressure on the roller.

Getting pinpoint bleeding is normal and OK.