Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Q about hypertrophic scars needling  (Read 7031 times)

lynne

Q about hypertrophic scars needling
« on: September 04, 2010, 01:52:06 AM »
Hi Sarah,

I have a few depressed acne scars, but I noticed that when I started needling them, the edges would raise up like hypertrophic scars. I pricked them a few times and noticed the same crunch/popping noise  like when needling the depressed part. My question is, do you think I should try needling this part too. I believe it may be a combination of raised scarring and sunken scarring, but I'm afraid of making the raised area even more elevated if I continually needle it. What are your thoughts?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Q about hypertrophic scars needling
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 02:02:30 PM »
The edges rise up due to swelling. The edges also contain hardened collagen tissue that should become softened by needling. You do not have to needle the edges every single time you needle the scar.  Needle the edges just a few times.  I have never heard from any customer that needled indented scars or stretch marks that the edges would elevate (apart from temporary swelling).