Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: What part of cheek should I avoid dermarolling if scars are multiple/spread?  (Read 5756 times)

jja89

• Forum member
I am in the process of ordering a dermaroller from owndoc (hopefully today) and I have a question before I dermaroll (with a 1.5).  My cheeks have shallow/medium acne scars that are spread across my cheek.  I am unable to post a picture (which I'm sure would help to explain).  The best way to describe them is evenly spread throughout both cheeks and lots of them.  There are parts in between each scar that are normal/flat skin and some indented.  I read in a previous post where it was recommended to avoid the skin near the nose that had no scarring.  Since my scars are spread (once again, with normal skin here and there), can I still dermaroll on the normal skin to make a clean roll?  I would find it hard to avoid these normal/flat skin surfaces as right beside them are the scars. 
I also wanted to know that if my skin begins to bleed from the pricks, would I wipe the blood away and continue to roll or do I leave the blood and keep doing my roll sessions?  I want to ensure proper sanitation in the case blood arises.
I am very excited and appreciate this website as it has provided me with much information and hope.
Thank you!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
The advice only concerned rolling with 2 mm dermaroller over the pores right next to the nose.
Rolling over scar-less skin is absolutely no problem.
In case of scars, you should definitely also buy a 1.5 mm dermastamp with 35 needles and combine it with dermarolling. During the same session, stamp the scars and then roll the entire area.
You do not have to treat your entire face in one session. Treat one cheek, when it heals, treat the other, when it heals treat the forehead etc.

You can continue rolling when it bleeds and you can also wipe the blood off with a cotton pad slightly wetted by tap water. When the session is finished, clean your face with tap water, let dry and apply something moisturizing.

As we explain in our dermarolling instructions, disinfecting the instruments after the dermaneedling session is much more important than disinfecting the skin before the session.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:36:31 PM by SarahVaughter »