Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: TENTATIVE LIST OF ANTI-INFLAMMATORY INGREDIENTS TO AVOID AFTER ROLLING. PLEASE PARTICIPATE.  (Read 6708 times)

kakalakingma

Hi everyone!

I am making this thread to inform people about anti-inflammatory ingredients that may be present in their skin care or cosmetic products. According to Sarah, it is NOT recommended to apply topical anti-inflammatory products because it can interfere with the complex process of the controlled and mild inflammation caused by rolling and ultimately the skin’s natural collagen synthesis and healing that occurs. Having said all that, I have done some research on skin care ingredients that functions as anti-inflammatory. I have only research on ingredients that are NOT extracts and oils and such because those ingredients probably consist of more than one chemical. Here is the unfinished and unpolished list:

α-bisabolol(found in chamomile)

β-glucan (found in yeast, barley, mushrooms, and oats)

L-ascorbic acid (found in variety of plants; available in many serum/treatment products) NOTE: I am thinking that other Vitamin C derivatives like magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, and tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate may function as anti-inflammatory since they are related to l-ascorbic acid.

Acetylsalicylic acid (aka aspirin; analgesic)

Allantoin (found in comfrey and urine)

Adapalene (retinoid; prescription only)

Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) (theoretical potential)

aminiutyric acid (an amino acid)

Carosine (composed of animo acids)

Curcumin (found in turmeric)

-     Tetrahydobisdemethoxycurcumin

-     Tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloymethane

-     Tetrahydrodemethoxydiferuloymethane

-     Tetrahydrodiferuloymethane

-     Tetrahydromethoxycurcumin

Hydrocortisone (corticosteroid; readily available)

Glycyrrhetic acid (found in licorice extract

linoleic acid (Vitamin F; found in olive, borage, evening primrose)

linolenic acid (Vitamin F; found in olive, borage, evening primrose)

Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)

Quercetin (found in a variety of plants)

Resveratrol (found in grapes)

Salicylic acid (related to aspirin; found in any acne products)

Saponin (found in variety of plants)

Tazarotene (retinoids; prescription need)

I hope this thread will get some future contribution from other forum participants to make it as reliable and informative as possible! If you know more derivatives/analogues of an ingredient, please contribute. Or you guys can list the oils and extracts that I did not add.

I do have one question for Sarah: will oral anti-inflammatory affect the benefits of rolling? Oral aspirin? Ibuprofen?