Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: how long do i need to let my skin heal before rolling again  (Read 6606 times)

Anna

how long do i need to let my skin heal before rolling again
« on: November 09, 2010, 12:32:40 AM »
Hi Sarah so after contemplating between the 1.0 and 1.5 Ive decided to try the 1.0 because I read in another post that you can still get collagen to form even with a 1.0. So my question is how long should I let the skin heal before rolling again? and also what if i dont put any topicals on after rolling in between the time i let the skin heal, is that a bad idea? thanks again for all your help. Anna

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
how long do i need to let my skin heal before rolling again
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 10:14:14 AM »
Collagen is triggered as long as the needles reach the dermis. An 1 mm  roller reaches the dermis. It doesn’t reach the entire dermis (depending  where on the body you roll though) but it goes deep enough to make a  difference.

Roll every 2 - 3 weeks (every three weeks very vigorously and densely  or every 2 weeks less vigorously).

You should keep the skin moisturized after rolling and definitely  protect it by high-factor sun screen lotions.