Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: which cream should I use?  (Read 6730 times)

Aleitzell

which cream should I use?
« on: November 09, 2010, 05:02:23 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good cream for dermarolling stretch marks other than a Vit. A cream, as I am breastfeeding.  I was thinking about copper peptides but wasn't sure which cream to get.  Thanks in advance.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 05:43:39 PM »
Try a cream or ointment containing Dexpanthenol or Pantothenic acid (also called Calcium Pantothenate or vitamin B5).

No cream can get rid of stretch marks but Pantothenic acid is good for skin regeneration.

Aleitzell

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 11:35:16 AM »
I have read that this cream has anti-inflammatory properties and when dermarolling products that have an anti-inflammatory.  Also would this be as good as copper peptides which is supposed to increase collagen production?  What percentage of Vit. B5 should I use? Should I use this in conjunction with Vit. C serum?  

Thanks.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 02:29:14 PM »
Yes, Pantothenic acid is an anti-inflammatory but the most important aspect for you is that it can be used during pregnancy or breast-feeding. It promotes would healing and keeps the rolled skin moisturized. (It is even recommended to promote the healing of nipples during breast feeding).

I am not able to answer whether it has the same effect as copper peptides. There is no miraculous cream for stretch marks. Copper peptides are anti-inflammatory as well.

The ointments typically contain 0,05 g of Pantothenic acid per g. of ointment so that amounts to 5%.

Correct, you should use it in conjunction with vit. C.