Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Question about single needing, versus a 3 line roller  (Read 6462 times)

dermarollmami

Question about single needing, versus a 3 line roller
« on: November 12, 2010, 03:52:56 PM »
I am hearing the buzz about single needling on stretch marks and already have a dermaroller, but I have noticed it is hard to tell if the needles are penetrating every part of the stretch mark when using it. I have noticed my stretch marks are not as deep but are still very visible after 1 roller session. I was wondering if using a 1.5 mm 3 line roller would it produce more precise roller control in being able to roll directly in the direction of each individual stretch mark. I was wondering if a 3 line roller could substitute for single needling or should I stick to a standard roller and single needle. I used Cocoa butter and Vitamin E for my first session and just bought a Vitamin C serum that was pretty cheap at https://http://www.puritan.com/c-vitamins-102/double-c-serum-003475 . Double C Vitamin C Serum Have you/or anyone know if this serum is ok or heard of it?  Thanks.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Question about single needing, versus a 3 line roller
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 06:41:21 PM »
Single needling is the most targeted and the most effective. It crushes the hardened collagen, it goes deeper than a dermaroller, you can needle very densely, and to different depths and from different angles.

Unfortunately, a 3-liner cannot substitute this.

The problem with vit. C is that it is unstable and it is quite difficult to stabilize it. By the time a vit. C cream or serum gets to the customer, the vit . C in it might be totally useless, especially because I don't believe that those serums are refridgerated during storage and transport.

That is why we prefer our customers to make their own fresh serum every two weeks and keep it in an airtight container in the fridge. Making your own serum also enables you to make a high percentage of vit. C. There is nothing easier, cheaper and more reliable than simply to mix some Ascorbic acid crystals into lukewarm water and using that. 100% pure vitamin C, and vitamin C only - exactly in the concentration your skin can just endure well, after micro-needling.

Your serum doesn’t say how much vit. C it contains. The ingredient list on products is listed in descending order of contents. So it most likely doesn’t contain much vit. C. I don't like such a huge ingredient list either, when the goal is just to apply vitamin C. Some of those ingredients are totally OK, but some may interfere with its absorption.

If you look at how much vit. C you get for your money, then you are extremely much better off buying ours. You can make a much larger quantity of stronger vit. C serum for the same price and I think we're cheaper with shippign as well, since our vit. C fits in an envelope, sent by ordinary mail. I think it's 3.5 dollars incl. shipping..