Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: a rash on the side of my face  (Read 6590 times)

Anna

a rash on the side of my face
« on: November 21, 2010, 12:31:10 PM »
hi Sarah I woke up yesterday and there was a rash on the side of my cheek about the size of a dime it's tiny little blisters and I think it was due to me using a powder on my face that was probly over a year old the night before. Anyway I put ice on it and lemon to see if it'll go away and this morning it looks worse and warm to the touch. What could this be and how can I get rid of it? This is really gonna ruin my thanksgiving it sucks AND I won't be able to use my dermaroller til it goes away ugh. thank you in advance you've been very helpful. Anna.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 12:40:45 PM »
Highly likely it's either a bacterial or a fungal infection. I'd wager bacterial, having developed inside the powder. You should keep the area dry. And use Betadine cream on it. Being Iodine-based, it effectively kills both fungi and bacteria. If you can't get Betadine, try another Iodine-based cream.

Anna

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 03:37:44 PM »
omg thank you! I'll go to the pharmacy right away