Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: I just did the dermaroller for the first time  (Read 67087 times)

kakalakingma

I just did the dermaroller for the first time
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2011, 07:52:24 PM »
@ Sarah,

Ooooo, something new to learn! Yay! Funny though, how then this thread make a turn for Osteoporosis LOL. You make be feel bad I use to drink full fat milk.. a lot.. maybe that is why I got so much acne and I never gained a lb. LOL. I find it is interesting that so some time now I only hear about Calcium as part of the problem, i don't really hear about imbalances with other minerals like magnesium and phosphorus. I want to do some research on this. Man, so much science so little time!

So... is soy milk okay? I heard there is estrogenic properties in there, but I never had any kind of bad acne breakout if my memories serve me correctly. Oh, how about chocolate milk? Almond milk? Sheep milk? lol

So for adult males, it's okay then? You know so much about nutrition and food and health, Sarah, kudos for you!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2011, 04:52:02 AM »
You should stay far away from any soya products if you are not 100% sure they've not been made with gene-modified Soya. Research showed that rats and mice suffer organ damage on gene-modified corn and I'm not sure similar problems don't apply to soya beans.

There is one kind of meat and diary very suitable for humans, because we have evolved to consume it: Goat's meat and goat's milk. As primitive men, we did not have cows but we did have semi-domesticated goats. Research shows that goat meat and fish are just about the only (AFAIK the only) animal protein sources that lower the bad cholesterol. Similar good properties for goat diary.

If you want to know whether someting is good or bad, just answer the following questions:

1. Did humans at my ancestral geographical lattitude eat this food regularly before the invention of agriculture? (The invention of agriculture can be considered the biggest disaster that has even befallen the human race, in terms of food quality)

2. Has the food been adulterated in any way? (gamma sterilization, gene-modification, hydrolizing etc.)

3. Has the food been grown in non-depleted soil? (All ordinary commercial food is grown on highly depleted soil!)

4. Has the animal been fed natural food instead of used oils from the hamburger industry or ground up dead animals from the bio-industry? (Norwegian salmon is downright dangerous to eat in any quantity due to this)?

5. Is the food polluted with heavy metals or dioxins? (Canned fish, bio-industry eggs are highly suspect)

If you can answer these questions, you will know pretty well whether something is good to eat or not.

kakalakingma

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2011, 01:26:54 PM »
Wow, these are all pretty much technical questions I doubt the general public knows to even bother asking the manufacture about before they buy soy product. Lol. But very good to know. I'll look further into this later on. There is so much I don't know.

But I do want to ask: can't human adapt those changes in foods? That is one of our greatest trait. Or maybe there is too much change to too and we cannot catch up. Hmm..

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2011, 02:22:37 PM »
I don't think non-gene modified soya products exist any more, in the US. At least not US-produced products.

Sure, humans can adapt to dioxins and heavy metals etc. Give it a few hundred thousand years and you may see genetical changes that make us cope. However, hundreds of thousands of years (or even 10 000 years) is not going to help the people who are alive today.

Certain toxins or, the other extreme, lack of nutrients are fundamantally incompatible with life based on organic chemistry though. But give it a few hundred million years and who knows, we can become like the trees, who need little else but sunlight and water..

Anna

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2011, 09:06:06 PM »
if you want a healthy alternative to milk try almond milk, but make it yourself because the ones at the stores have all kinds of additives in them even the supposed natural ones. I make my smoothies with that and also coconut milk very nutritious and delicious too.

Success

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2011, 02:23:02 PM »
How do you make your own almond milk?

Anna

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »
you soak one cup of organic almonds in 3-4 cups water for 3 hrs and then put it in a blender for 15 minutes then separate the left over almonds from the liquid basically strain it if that's the right word

Success

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2011, 05:35:23 PM »
Thanks, I love almonds so I'm very interested in how almond milk tastes

Anna

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 10:30:19 PM »
an update for you all; its been almost 4 months since i initially did the dermaroller, ive done it 4 times so far and the results have been pretty good so far. there are some scars that are definitely  smoother and there are ones that havet changed at all. at this point im going to continue rolling and start using single needles on the scars that havent been changed like my chicken pox ones.i will keep you all posted on the progress. and btw the clean diet i was on helped me lose 20 pounds.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2011, 05:21:11 AM »
Wow - congratulations! (with losing 20 pounds).

4 months is not much, with microneedling. Solid results are to be seen after approx. ten months.

If you see some progress after four months it is a good sign that more progress will follow :-)

MyVi

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2011, 11:53:03 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here and found this site after reading up so many websites on dermaroller.

I would like to know what size of dermaroller needle I should buy as I have a few old icepick scars on my face.

May I know if I can use dermaroller if there are blackheads & whiteheads on the face?

I can't seem to get rid of them entirely, as I have oily skin.

Looking forward to your advise before buying from Sarah.

Thank you.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2011, 03:18:49 PM »
Ice pick acne scars are difficult to access for a dermaroller. You should use our single needles and needle the scar only. It would be good to combine it with dermarolling.

Use a 1.5 mm dermaroller every 3-4 weeks and needle several scars a day (or whatever suits you). The scar will be red for some days after needling so do not needle too many in one go if you want to avoid having too many red spots on your face.

You should not use a dermaroller on infected skin. The presence of pus is a big no-no.

Use the A-Ret for blackheads & whiteheads and products with salicylic acid.

Dermarolling works for acne scars or other scars or wrinkles but it cannot significantly and permanently reduce pore size. Pores are ducts in the skin and their size is genetically determined. You cannot change that. Many websites claim that dermarolling can reduce pore size but our customers reported that they were unable to achieve improvements in regard to pore size.

MyVi

« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2011, 10:22:01 PM »
Thanks for the response.

Can the Copper Peptide mask be replaced with other mask?

I still have some Vit. E capsule & Tea Tree Oil.

Can any of these items be used to aid the needling & dermarolling process?

I just placed an order for:

Copper peptide facial mask

1.5 mm dermaroller

Infadolan

A-Ret Tretinoin gel

Xylocaine (Lidocaine) - sent from India by EMS

Vitamin C

5 special single needles

Does it mean I will be receiving 2 separate package since the Xylocaine will be sent from India?

Do you know how long it will normally take to deliver to SEAsia customers?

Sorry for troubling you with so much questions.

Thank you!!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2011, 03:01:57 AM »
We don't send to Malaysia at all, I am very sorry about that. I have refunded you and cancelled the order because we lost half the packages sent to Malaysia.

Our web store has no option for us to block certain countries or geographical areas from purchasing, we are still working on getting a better web store.

It doesn't help to use tracking because the process of us getting refunded when packages disappear from Malaysia is non-functional - we tried.

So the only option is to use FedEx. From the country we dispatch from, that costs us around 100 dollars in courier fees.

MyVi

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2011, 03:52:05 AM »
Ok, what a shame. Thanks for the refund anyway.