Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Subcision-suction method for acne scars  (Read 151503 times)

boafriend

• Forum member
Subcision-suction method for acne scars
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 09:04:05 PM »
So I bought this wine vacuum pump and I feel absolutely NO suction or tugging feeling on the skin with my pump.

Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong? There's no button or anything and I know you just stick one of the cork things in and start pumping, but...yeah I'm not feeling anything.

Dewydewey

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 09:31:17 PM »
Hi Boafriend,

I remember seeing this brand at my store but opted to purchase one that resembled the picture that Arachne had posted. Mine is from Vacuvin.  Are you sure you have a tight seal on the area?  Also are you pulling all the way up on the pump?  You may have to pump a few times.  Just like Arachne posted, my Vacuvin wine vacuum makes a clicking noise and it is at this time there is so much pressure built up that one can no longer get in another pump.  It is very similar to how my air pump feels when I am putting air in my bicycle tire-except of pushing down you are pushing up.  There is a definite point where you feel the tight pressure and know it is time to stop pumping.

Dewydewey

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 09:33:30 PM »
Also I practiced on my leg a few times to kind of perfect my technique before I used it on my face :)

boafriend

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2012, 01:08:05 AM »
Dewydewey;3542 wrote: Hi Boafriend,

I remember seeing this brand at my store but opted to purchase one that resembled the picture that Arachne had posted. Mine is from Vacuvin.  Are you sure you have a tight seal on the area?  Also are you pulling all the way up on the pump?  You may have to pump a few times.  Just like Arachne posted, my Vacuvin wine vacuum makes a clicking noise and it is at this time there is so much pressure built up that one can no longer get in another pump.  It is very similar to how my air pump feels when I am putting air in my bicycle tire-except of pushing down you are pushing up.  There is a definite point where you feel the tight pressure and know it is time to stop pumping.

Yeah, this is the funny part. I feel that the corks don't FIRMLY fit into the pump. I don't know if this is the reason why.

And yes, I'm pretty sure I'm pulling all the way up on the pump. I also tested on an area of my leg (with some oil applied prior) and I didn't experience anything. Absolutely no tight suction feeling and no clicking sound of any sort. =/

Arachne

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2012, 05:27:17 AM »
Hi Boafriend. Yes, the corks have to fit onto the pump in such a way that there is no air leakage possible. There are two places that must be absolutely airtight: the join between cork and pump, and also the join between skin and cork. If there's even a tiny gap anywhere in those two places you will not be able to produce a vacuum. Another thing is that you have to press hard all the time while you are pumping. Dewydewey's comment about the bicycle pump is exactly right. That's what it reminded me of too. It's a matter of luck whether your wine pump will work, as it depends on its design. I had another type of pump which did not work because the corks are not designed to fit onto the pump in the same way: you simply position the pump over the top of the cork and press down to form a seal. That's fine for wine bottles standing upright on a table, but it doesn't work for our purposes because you can't exert the necessary pressure when you try to press horizontally against your face. So it's important to get the right kind of pump.

boafriend

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2012, 04:21:52 PM »
Arachne;3546 wrote: Hi Boafriend. Yes, the corks have to fit onto the pump in such a way that there is no air leakage possible. There are two places that must be absolutely airtight: the join between cork and pump, and also the join between skin and cork. If there's even a tiny gap anywhere in those two places you will not be able to produce a vacuum. Another thing is that you have to press hard all the time while you are pumping. Dewydewey's comment about the bicycle pump is exactly right. That's what it reminded me of too. It's a matter of luck whether your wine pump will work, as it depends on its design. I had another type of pump which did not work because the corks are not designed to fit onto the pump in the same way: you simply position the pump over the top of the cork and press down to form a seal. That's fine for wine bottles standing upright on a table, but it doesn't work for our purposes because you can't exert the necessary pressure when you try to press horizontally against your face. So it's important to get the right kind of pump.

Yeah the way these corks fit into the pump look similar to the designs we've been seeing but I'm wondering if it's the fact that these corks are rubber that's preventing them from really staying in firm place in the pump. =/ Maybe I'll try looking for a different one today. I'm guessing I should look for a pump in which the corks included are made of perhaps plastic or metal?

Dewydewey

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »
The cork from my kit is rubber (it came with just one). The pump itself is made of plastic.  Could it be that your pump has a square end to it rather than a circular one?  I'm not sure why it's not working.  I wish I could help...

boafriend

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 02:44:21 AM »
Dewydewey;3552 wrote: The cork from my kit is rubber (it came with just one). The pump itself is made of plastic.  Could it be that your pump has a square end to it rather than a circular one?  I'm not sure why it's not working.  I wish I could help...

Yeah, mine is square shaped, not circular. Maybe this is why? Well I'll try looking around for different ones. Either way I'm late on the 3 day waiting period since I last stamped, so...we'll see.

I appreciate you trying to help, though.

Streak

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2012, 12:16:22 AM »
cesamaddictaol;3512 wrote:  Has anyone tried the Vaculifter?  I'm considering buying one.  It's the only kind of Suction device I can find online that's intended for the face.

Cesamaddictaol, I don't know if you're still interested in the Vaculifter but I own the "small" one for facial use (in other words, the very smallest one you can buy). I absolutely love it and think it can work really well as an adjunct to various types of needling, but I don't think it's powerful enough or precise enough to use for this type of very localized scar treatment. The suction devices being used to "lift" scars seem to be very small, and the VL isn't quite that small.

Bear in mind though that the VL is still plenty strong, and if you decide to give it a try, go easy at first (just a few passes over each area and keep them short, with little suction) or you'll end up with embarrassing red marks and bruises all over your face and neck :o  Just be patient and go slow enough to assess your tolerance and you'll do fine. :)

cvw

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 06:43:41 PM »
Hi guys,

Very informative and thank you all for updating! I had begun suctioning after single needling but got scared after I bruised. I am using this: https://http://www.amazon.com/North-Coast-Medical-Scar-Suction/dp/B0052ZWD8K.

Even the circumference of the smallest pump is way too large for my boxcar/ice picks. With your devices, do they cover the scar only or does the suction catch surrounding skin? From using the pump above, I had large circles of bruised skin that lasted for about a week so I quit using it after 3 or 4 days. Maybe I should try a wine pump?

Thanks!

cesamaddictaol

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 01:14:21 PM »
Thank you for responding.  I actually just received my Vaculifter today.  I ordered the Large One so I'm not sure if maybe I shoulda ordered the small one.  The Suction is pretty strong on it so I'm staying optimistic about it.  Thank you for your feedback.

Dewydewey

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 07:06:37 PM »
Hi cvw,

My wine pump attachment has a circumference of approximately 1 1/2 cm, so it does catch some of the surrounding skin.  I had stopped suctioning after a few days just like you.  I experimented with my vacuum cleaner on day three and it got a bit out of control.  The suction was fierce!  I accidentally suctioned the area just above my cheek and it looked like I had broken some capillaries but no bruising.  I am happy to say that I did not break any capillaries and all redness has gone away....I am however sticking with the wine pump because I feel it gives me more control.

boafriend

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2012, 07:25:04 PM »
Anyone have any recommendations for something good to use for suctioning? I previously purchased a wine pump but the product had nearly no suctioning so I returned it. I've browsed a Target and a KMart and have found nothing.

I was about to buy a hand held vacuum but I read some posts on this forum about users feeling that the suctioning may have been too powerful, so I decided to not pursue that. I've looked on Amazon too but there's an overwhelming amount of wine pumps, so I was just wondering if someone could give some suggestions? I've extremely frustrated with my rolling scars and really want to start doing something so they'll finally start filling in.

Thanks.

Dewydewey

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2012, 09:07:15 PM »
I went to a local wine shop and found my wine pump.  It is from a company called Vacuvin. Your best bet is a liquor/spirits/wine store-not a grocery store or Target or even Walmart.

Miss S

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2012, 10:42:22 AM »
Hi Everyone!

After reading this thread i tried the suction method after needling. On the third day after using suction cups i have developed redness on both my cheeks. The redness makes my acnes scars more obvious. I stopped using the suction. It has been 3 days since but the redness has not subsided and I am really worried i have caused broken capillaries! My scars looks much worse than it was before! It is difficult to cover with makeup.

Has anyone else experienced this??