Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: problems with 0.5mm dermaroller  (Read 6993 times)

sam285

problems with 0.5mm dermaroller
« on: March 18, 2011, 02:13:21 AM »
I have been using a 0.5mm dermaroller for 5 months now. Its a brand called MNS. This is mainly for wrinkles, sundamaged skin and enlarged pores and facial redness caused by sun damage. Now I am facing the following problems

1. No improvement after 5 months

2. Small holes on my skin which were not there before which I am worried are caused by dermarolling

The only improvement I am seeing is a bit of improvement in the facial redness..

I roll with the 0.5mm twice a week. 8 rolls in each direction. I then apply sweet almond oil after rolling..

please help and advise

regards

sharma

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
problems with 0.5mm dermaroller
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 05:22:40 AM »
We have done a dermaroller review and that roller (which goes under different names) was so bad that we threw it away and never even tested it fully.

That "MNS roller" is easily recognizable for its cheap, chunky, squarish design (where the handle becomes the roller head).

That roller can also be instantly recognized by the weak handle - it bends too much when pressure is applied, making it impossible, especially with longer needle lengths, to roll stably.

Its needles are not surgical steel. The roller is of such bad, cheap quality that it is the only dermaroller of which I'd say "definitely don't buy it - so bad that it may be bad for the skin to use".

I have posted before about this roller:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/SRS-Micro-Meso-Roller

Any company with that roller in their assortment is deliberately ripping you off, because we know how much that roller costs, wholesale, in bulk. I better not tell you, or you'll be very angry.

Well.. It costs about 4 dollars. It's by far the cheapest dermaroller in the world, and we are not happy with the companies pretending that it's the bee's knees.

This business attracts many "get-rich-quick-on-the-internet" types. Buy something for two bucks, sell it for fifty, all the while promising the moon, using every advertizing trick in the book. A flashy website is no guarantee for quality. The more marketing they do, the more money they have to spend on marketing, the less money left for the roller. Good rollers sell themselves. We do no marketing at all, zero. You won't find our ads in Google or anywhere else, except on our own site. We don't post commercial messages or links on forums. And we sell a dermaroller every 20 minutes, day and night, worldwide! We are growing steadily. Why? Our customers bring in new customers, and our customers stick with us long-term. Our business model is to have little operating costs and a small margin, so that we can sell very high quality at the sharpest margins, outcompeting all the greedier sellers, all the scammers and even all the companies that are larger and therefore need to hire marketing people, website people, bookkeeping and advertizing people. A good product sells itself and won't need thousands of sites all "pushing" it.