Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: New ONE-LINE dermaroller specifically for stretch marks, scars and wrinkles  (Read 10586 times)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist

Specifically for the intensive treatment of stretch marks, long scars (both atrophic and hypertrophic), long wrinkles or skin folds.

A single row of needles enables you to target individual scars or wrinkles and roll them thoroughly and densely.

It is less painful than an ordinary dermaroller because there are fewer needles (it has 24 needles in total) to penetrate the skin in one go.  Nevertheless, the fewer the needles on a dermaroller the deeper they penetrate.

It is less effective than the manual single needle method however it is much quicker and easier.  

This roller is not suitable for small scars such as acne scars, vaccination scars, liposuction scars etc. For those, use the single needles.

The best approach is to use the 1-line roller in combination with a regular dermaroller.

Recommended approach for stretch marks, scars or wrinkles:

Roll the whole area (stretch marks/scars/wrinkles and surrounding skin) once every five weeks with the regular dermaroller and then in addition, treat every stretch mark/scar/wrinkle individually once every five weeks with the one-liner dermaroller (roll densely). If you have a lot of stretch marks/scars/wrinkles and don't have the time to treat them all at once you can spread out the treatments with the one-liner over the five weeks but make sure to roll each individual stretch mark/scar/wrinkle only once  with the one-liner roller during this time.

When you have finished this individual rolling of all stretch marks/scars/wrinkles in the area (try to finish it in four weeks), give your skin a week off and then start the whole process over again - rolling the

entire area with a regular dermaroller and then rolling densely with the 1-liner dermaroller.

After two months, give your skin a one-month break. Then restart the whole process and after two months give your skin a one-month break and restart again, etc.

There are studies showing that A-Ret (Tretinoin) slightly helps diminishing fresh (red) stretch marks and it has some limited effect on mature (white) stretch marks as well.

Right after dermarolling stretch marks/scars with the 1-line dermaroller, apply A-Ret gel. or cream. I do not recommend using A-Ret right after dermarolling because it is acidic and it stings when applied to the rolled skin but in some special cases such as stubborn scars and stretch marks, I do recommend it.

Do not use Tretinoin if pregnant, breastfeeding or planning pregnancy.

It is for sale here dermaroller shop

Attached files

Khadija

Hello Sarah,

may I ask you a question to the routine of treating stretchmarks with the 1-liner dermaroller and the regular dermaroller.

I have so many stretchmark, so it will take me about 2 weeks to finish rolling all stretchmarks with the 1-line dermaroller...so when I finished with the 1-line dermaroller, when can I start with the regular roller...after 5 weeks ?..

am not sure if I understand it correct..so when I roll the belly for example with the 1-liner, I wait for 5 weeks and then roll with the regular one...then wait for 1 week...start again start wit the 1-liner, wait for 5 weeks and roll with regualar one...? Is that right ? Would really appreciate feedback.

Sorry for my English, its not my native language.

Thanks, Khadija

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
I think you already have asked me that question by email (or you were just impatient) - I post my reply to you here:

>Should I roll the area with both rollers once every five days for four

>weeks?

This was my reply:

- Day 1: Roll the whole area with the regular 1.5 mm roller.

- Next 4 weeks: Roll each individual stretch mark very densely and thoroughly with the one liner roller (or use the single needle). Roll every time a different stretch mark. Each stretch mark is rolled once during that time but very thoroughly.

Give your skin a week off. Do nothing, just moisturize.

After a week off, start the same circle again:

- Day 1: Roll the whole area with the regular 1.5 mm roller.

- Next 4 weeks: Roll each individual stretch mark very densely and thoroughly with the one liner roller. Roll every time a different stretch mark. Each stretch mark is rolled once during that time but very thoroughly.

Give your skin a week off. Do nothing, just moisturize.

Etcetera.