Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Copper Peptide mask  (Read 7419 times)

Sarah

Copper Peptide mask
« on: July 22, 2011, 04:35:05 PM »
Hi Sarah

Just wanted to say that I think your site is amazing and so informative. I love reading all the posts...

I just wanted to ask whether your copper peptide mask would be useful on a surgical facial scar and if so how would it help. i have a scar from a mole removal and have been needling for a year now. It has improved to some extent. would the mask help improve it further? I am also using Vit C and Infadolan. You say that you can apply the liquid from the mask instead of applying the mask itself. Can you apply a moisturiser over it when it has dried on the skin?

I was also reading on another website where someone mentioned that dermarolling can make scars wider. Do you know if this is the case?  

And finally, as I have been rolling for a year now, if I keep rolling will my scar improve even more as the years progress?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Copper Peptide mask
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 10:29:31 AM »
I think you sent me an email about two weeks ago saying that needling did not help much your scar left after a mole removal.. I have answered you but I have never received your reply. I will paste my email to you:

Dear [deleted],

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Is or was your scar raised or indented? Would it be possible for you to send me a photo?

I have only heard of needling making the scar larger in connection with needling deep icepick acne scars. When you needle the fibrotic walls of icepick scars, the wall will break down and make the scar larger but shallower and softer. Then you have to continue to fill up the scar more.

There is no other way how to treat icepick acne scars than breaking them down.

A mole removal scar however is not comparable to an icepick acne scar in any way and while needling might not help, it should certainly not make the mole scar worse. A scar can never completely disappear - it can only soften and become shallower.

Here is a photo of a vaccination scar that softened after needling:

https://http://www.owndoc.com/stretchmarks/dermarolling-before-and-after-photos-from-our-customers/  

A vaccination scar is much easier to improve than a mole scar because to remove a mole, the skin must have been cut all the way through.    

If you could send me a photo, it would really help.

Best regards,

Sarah

Sarah

Copper Peptide mask
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 02:59:29 PM »
Hi Sarah

Yes I did send you an email but I must have deleted your reply by accident.

I needled about 2 weeks ago just after i sent you the email. At the moment there seems to be a noticeable improvement and the scar seems to have filled in a little. It is an indented scar with suture marks around the edges as the wound opened up. the scar has definitely softened-over the past 2 days it seems to look so much better than it did a couple of weeks ago. I have been finding though that after about 3-4 weeks the scar just seems to start looking bad again.  Unfortunately I am unable to send a photo as my camera is broken. i shall just keep rolling and persevering. Will it keep improving over the years? I know it will never go completely i just hope that one day it will lie flush with the surrounding skin.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Copper Peptide mask
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 09:56:49 AM »
I think if you continue needling, the scar will fill in a little more.  

When the wound opened up, did you go to see your surgeon? It should have been fixed.