Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermarolling with 1.5mm and 0.5 inbetween  (Read 7398 times)

quise

Dermarolling with 1.5mm and 0.5 inbetween
« on: May 16, 2011, 03:22:16 PM »
Hello Sarah,

I have two questions involving rolling frequency/timing.

1. If I roll my stretch marks every 3 to 4 weeks with a 1.5mm, can I still use a 0.5mm in between for product absorption on these stretch mark areas I just rolled?

2.If yes, how soon after the 1.5mm roll could I use the 0.5mm? I'm assuming I would do this 2 to 3 times a week?

Thanks,

quise

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 06:16:39 PM »
Yes you can roll with a 0.5 mm dermaroller in between the 1.5 mm. Wait for 5 days.

If you have crusts (after single needling for example), wait with any rolling or dry brushing or exfoliation until the crusts are completely gone.

arlie

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 01:07:22 AM »
If you do roll with a 1.5 for wrinkles,  and wait 5 days to use the .5 needles,  how long before you use the 1.5 again?

Can you please explain the healing process, and the need for waiting to roll?    Personally I have a tendency to be obsessive and impatient, so I really need guidance here.   I want the process to work for me, so your insight is really appreciated.  

Also,  does the derma rolling cause dryness?   I have been experiencing major dryness since starting, yet there are other factors that could be causing it.

I know everyone is unique in the healing process, and there are skin and lifestyle issues to consider,  but how long should I give the process, before I see results?    I am very close to juvederm injections,  but do not want to go there.   I want to regenerate my skin instead.    

I appreciate this site and your generous sharing of knowledge.  

Thank you

Arline

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 01:05:00 PM »
>If you do roll with a 1.5 for wrinkles, and wait 5 days to use the .5 needles, how long before you use the 1.5 again?

You should roll the same skin area once every three weeks with a 1.5 mm and in between you can roll twice a week with a 0.5 mm. If your skin is very thick, you can roll more frequently.

>Can you please explain the healing process, and the need for waiting to roll? Personally I have a tendency to be obsessive and impatient, so I really need guidance here. I want the process to work for me, so your insight is really appreciated.

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Warning-about-rolling-frequency

>Also, does the derma rolling cause dryness? I have been experiencing major dryness since starting, yet there are other factors that could be causing it.

Yes, initially while the skin is being renewed after dermarolling, it is dryer than normal.

>I know everyone is unique in the healing process, and there are skin and lifestyle issues to consider, but how long should I give the process, before I see results? I am very close to juvederm injections, but do not want to go there. I want to regenerate my skin instead.

Juvederm injections last only temporarily. If you manage to improve your wrinkles by increasing your own collagen, it will last really long.  However, the skin will continue aging of course.