Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: derma rolling, how often should I do it? please help!  (Read 6664 times)

Dave282

derma rolling, how often should I do it? please help!
« on: May 20, 2011, 07:10:17 AM »
Hello everyone,

I have been using a derma roller for 2 weeks so far, twice a week, 0.5mm. I am using the roller to treat old acne marks/scar ( a few years old)  which are light pink (used to be red). I am concerned that I may be overdoing it because my skin is red for the entire night after I roll, and even the next day, but at the same time if I only roll once a week, I fear I may not get results.

My skin is sensitive (has been for years because of Accutane) and I do get pinpoint bleeding with this needle length, so I have no intention of changing the length. After I roll, the marks/scar are quite red including the next day, so is this inflammation of the skin to frequent? or necessary?

While my marks are not that visible, they have depressed me for years and I have tried numerous things,even IPL which did nothing. So I hope the derma roller will be the last thing I ever have to use. By the way their not pitted or raised, just flat red marks,and they look horrible after needling (Erythema).

David

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
derma rolling, how often should I do it? please help!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 07:19:18 AM »
The problem is that Accutane thins the skin. That is why you get pinpoint bleeding with this size. We have more customers who get pinpoint bleeding with a 0.5 mm dermaroller and it is not always due to Accutane but Accutane is known for helping serious acne and thinning skin.

You should certainly reduce the frequency and roll only every 10 - 14 days.

You do not seem to have scars, just some pigmentation. Red pigmentation looks temporarily worse because dermarolling or needling makes the skin red for a while but it will subside and dermarolling improves pigmentations in many cases.