Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Copper peptides / SRCPs- my experience  (Read 18455 times)

yasi

Copper peptides / SRCPs- my experience
« on: May 22, 2011, 06:20:11 AM »
There was a long discussion on copper peptides and SkinBiology's 2nd generation copper peptides/SRCPs earlier this year and I thought I'd share my experience ( https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Copper-peptides ).

I've been using the SkinBiology 2nd generation "copper peptide" products religiously for a year now and have found no improvement in my skin.  If anything new lines and age spots have developed. I now realise that these products do not contain not GHK-Cu, but copper chloride and hydrolized soy protein. Pickart claims there is research to confirm the latter works, however my experience doesn't support that.

I followed SkinBios recommendations and started gradually and built up strength to the strongest products, and used them in conjunction with lactic/glycolic acids and microdermabrasion. I spent a good amount of money on what I am now quite confident is an ineffective product (ie the 2nd generation SRCP "copper peptides" not GHK-Cu. I didn't use SkinBiology's Super GHK cream or serum which Sarah identified as actually containing GHK-Cu...these aren't pushed on the SkinBio website or when you talk to the company).

Sarah has mentioned discussion forums being vehicles for company-promotion. I would hazard a guess that some of the frequent posters on the SkinBiology forum are from the company - making inspirational claims of amazing results that make you want to buy more products, with no before and after photos to back it up.  Additionally SkinBiology has sent my order to the wrong address twice, and this last time they have told me I may have to wait 10 weeks before they find my lost order, let alone me even getting it (they said they addressed it incorrectly and will not offer a refund or to send a replacement order).

My experience confirms what Sarah has said on this forum about Skinbiology SRCPs and self-promotion by the company. I won't be buying any more products from SkinBio - they don't work, they don't disclose the concentration of ingredients, they have poor customer service.

I will, however, be using the GHK-Cu masks sold here (with GHK-Cu strength identified as it should be). It appears that the body of research is on this form of copper peptides.

Thanks very much Sarah for your insightful and informative postings on this topic.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:11:49 PM by SarahVaughter »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 06:58:38 AM »
I hope you won't get disappointed - the mask we sell have a fragrance and they are facial masks, not creams. We've been unable to find affordable GHK-Cu in any other form, but since copper peptides are most useful and most commonly used on the face we thought a face mask would be an acceptable and even convenient way of applying it. We're still trying to find a supplier of GHK-Cu cream. Please don't expect too much of copper peptides - they are to be considered a supporting treatment only. They have been over-hyped by their inventor. We sell "the real deal" as single facial masks so people can try it out cheaply.

Warning our readers against cheaters comes at high price for us. Every time we publish an article exposing a company, a few days later someone posts on a forum how rude I am :-)

I don't understand how a company working with such huge profit margins doesn't refund when asked - for any reason. Whenever I get an email by someone saying they did not receive our package I don't even attempt to verify what happened to the package. If the delay is unreasonable, we refund, period. Life's too short to fuss about the small percentage of refunds, and customers have better things to do than haggle over them. In the end, the company with the happiest customers wins because they can rely on word of mouth and don't have to spend a dime on advertising, giving a competitive advantage because it allows working with a tight profit margin.

Some tips concerning the copper peptide mask/multiple uses

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Best-Skin-Care-Routine

yasi

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 07:11:22 AM »
That's ok..I was aware of that :)  I found a thread where you recommended a skin care routine with tips on using the copper peptide mask to get multiple uses from it. I'd rather pay for a small amount of a known quantity than the big bottles of blue/green snake oil I was getting.

soon

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 09:28:15 AM »
Hi Yasi,

Personally I want to thank-you for this post.

I also have some second gen. Copper peptides & kinda

believed the hype. I've been unsure what to do with it.

I kept it because of its expense but have been afraid to use it.

You've given me the evidence to just ditch it.

Thanks for your honesty & generosity to share.

Cheers soon

yasi

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 06:52:11 AM »
thanks soon - its good if we can help others from being prey to such scammers.

BTW - SkinBiology is now lying to me about my lost order and saying my local post office has contacted them to say they have my parcel (I checked with my PO and they never contact overseas companies to that effect and they don't have the parcel and have never registered the tracking number on it). Incredible!

germa

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 04:29:54 PM »
It appears that the creme turned the woman's hair from black to blond?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 04:37:23 PM »
It is the same woman (the same scat on the nose and the same moles on the cheek) but the photos are manipulated. The top photo is highly contrast-enhanced and dark, while the lower photo is smoothed and lightened.

cj123

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 02:21:04 AM »
I too had been using SB copper peptides for several years. I never noticed a difference either. I do like their Exfol serum though. That is great for skin exfoliation. Funny you should say that about the frequent posters on the SB forum. I was thinking exactly the same thing. Especially the latest poster who is on there at all hours and has established himself as a real expert. He answers seemingly all questions with detailed explanations of procedures and products like that was his job.