Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: what kind of roller can I use?  (Read 6367 times)

Sylvia Hendriksen

what kind of roller can I use?
« on: July 19, 2011, 12:21:49 PM »
Hello Sarah,

I am a woman of 54 and I would like to start with dermarolling. However I am not entirely sure what kind of roller I should use to try to diminish  the wrinkles on my forehead and my upperlip and my pigmentationspots. I have very small wrinkles around my eyes, but do have couperose on my cheeks.

I thought the 0.5 mm roller and a narrow roller (? ? mm) for the upperlip would be okay.

Can I get your suggestion ?

Thanks,

Sylvia Hendriksen

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 06:59:33 PM »
Use a 0.5 mm dermaroller twice a week (or a 0.2 mm roller every second day) in combination with a regular (not narrow) 1.5 mm dermaroller (used every 3 weeks). Use them both on the entirety of your face (however, a dermaroller cannot be used on the upper eyelids though due to the risk of injury).

The upper lip area is the most sensitive of the face. I can use a dermaroller without numbing cream anywhere on my face and body, with the exception of the area above the lip.

It is easier to roll the area above the lip with a narrow roller but it is also possible (when you get accustomed to using a dermaroller) to roll it with a regular one. Using a regular size roller will save you from buying yet another roller. You can always buy a narrow one later.

Since you have couperose, do not buy the A-Ret gel.

You can try using Infadolan around the eyes. Some of our customers wrote us that their wrinkles are much less pronounced after using Infadolan around the eyes. Apply just a little.

You should use the vit. C serum but make it very weak (low concentration) to avoid any potential irritation of the couperose skin.

Unfortunately, a dermaroller will not help with the couperose. You could try vascular laser for that.

Sylvia Hendriksen

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 12:25:06 PM »
Thanks Sarah for the information!!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 02:24:32 PM by SarahVaughter »