Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Vitamin C and Disinfection Questions  (Read 5725 times)

UFgirl

Vitamin C and Disinfection Questions
« on: July 25, 2011, 01:50:52 AM »
I am a female with thick facial skin so I ordered the .5 mm dermaroller for product penetration.  Is it OK to use the Vitamin C immediately after rolling, assuming I can withstand the sting? Also, I ordered the brown flask for the Vitamin C. Does it need to be cleaned or disinfected before adding the Vitamin C solution? Thank you so much for your help! :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 09:58:23 AM »
Yes, you can apply vit. C right after dermarolling with a 0.5 mm dermaroller. If it stings too much, just dilute it with more water.

Dermarolling greatly enhances the absorption of any creams or serums applied right afterwards, so even if you lower the concentration, very much will be absorbed.

No, you do not have to disinfect the vit. C bottle. Vit. C by itself is a preservative and the bottle, during its creation, has been subjected to a very high temperature.

It's not sterile but nothing really is, neither does it need to be. Actual sterility is only required when there is no functioning immune system.

UFgirl

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 11:44:02 AM »
Thank you so much Sarah for your quick response!  I really appreciate it. I also use Tazorac .1% gel and maybe I will alternate the Vitamin C one day and then a little  Tazorac the next time I dermaroll.  This site is such a wealth of knowledge and I am enjoying reading through all the information and all the forum posts.