Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: unsure about needling  (Read 6028 times)

Lacrima

unsure about needling
« on: August 22, 2011, 07:39:06 PM »
Dear Sarah,

here are my questions:

I have very deep stretch marks. I'd like to dermaroll and then single needle them. Can I do this at the same time or how long should I wait in between for the same area? How long do I have to wait until I can use normal body lotion/ moisturizer/ or shower with shower gel (because of infection) (using 2mm needles)?

Is it okay if don't put anything on my skin  for about two days to let it heal on its own or does there have to be something on the skin so it stays hydrated (if so, is a wound healing cream useful?) Plus I'll have a surgery scar on my face when could I start single needling counted from the day of operation?

Thank you very very much in advance

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
unsure about needling
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 05:20:53 PM »
>I have very deep stretch marks. I'd like to dermaroll and then single

>needle them. Can I do this at the same time or how long should I wait in

>between for the same area?

You can do it at the same time but after dermarolling with a 2 mm dermaroller, the whole rolled area becomes red and you may have difficulty to see the stretch marks and target them with the needle.

>How long do I have to wait until I can use normal body lotion/moisturizer

>or shower with shower gel (because of infection) (using 2mm needles)?

You can shower with shower gel but do not use a towel, let the skin air dry. Use the wound healing cream for at least two days and then you can go

back to your ordinary lotion.

>Is it okay if don't put anything on my skin for about two days to let it

>heal on its own or does there have to be something on the skin so it stays

>hydrated (if so, is a wound healing cream useful?)

The skin must be hydrated.The more the better. Yes, a wound healing cream is very suitable. The cream should be in a tube because a tube has little risk of bacterial contamination.

>Plus I'll have a surgery scar on my face when could I start single needling

>counted from the day of operation?

Wait two months.