Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Improvement Already! My First Trial attempt....  (Read 8997 times)

Swan

• Forum member
Improvement Already! My First Trial attempt....
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:45:45 PM »
So I think I have already gotten improvements with dermarolling after my first attempt,unless this is still swelling, which I hope not

Can you still have swelling after 4 weeks? doesnt seem to be

Anyway, I did a trial dermastamp. I purchased the dermastamp rather than roller. I figure from everything i have read, it is safer, and less chance of tearing the skin, as its stamping motion, rather than rolling.

So a month ago,I stamped just my temples. Wanted to see how my facial skin reacted, as I do have sensitive skin

I have decided against using any numbing cream. the dermastamp i used is 0.75mm

It stung; kind of like a grazed burning sensation. but thats okay, as for me, its just a short period of pain. There was very little redness, and i immediately applied my professional terproline cream, that lamarr recommends on another board.

I have seen an improvement on one of my temples already. It is much shallower the scarring there, the other temple, not as much improvemnt, but just a small improvement.

I have a question tho....

do u think different areas of the face react differently? such as do you think the cheeks would react/heal different to the temples, or forehead|???

I am pretty impressed with my first attempt

i did up my vitamin c intake a few weeks before attempting dermastamp tho

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 04:35:48 PM »
The improvement observed shortly after dermarolling is due to swelling but the swelling usually subsides within 24 hours and within days after deep single needling. There is certainly no swelling after 4 weeks.

Yes different areas do react differently but it is individual. I do not think there is significant difference in the healing of various skin areas if you go to the same depth but dermarolling may for example improve scars on the forehead but not on the chin etc. Using the same dermarolling frequency and technique I managed to improve wrinkles around my lips but not so much around my eyes.

Swan

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 03:18:25 AM »
Hi Sarah

thank you so much for providing this website, and the great prices you offer here on your products. The best prices so far for the quality that you get !

Why, IHYO, do you think different areas of the face respond differently? Such as, for example, why do u think your eye area didnt respond as well???

I ahve been wanting to dermaroll/stamp for over 2 years, but was too scared of how my skin would react bcoz of sensitive facial skin.

Do you think, IYHO, that my cheeks would respond in the same way, as my temples, If i use the exact same rolling as I did on temples? or could the cheek area, in general, be more sensitive, and ttake longer to heal, in most ppl???

Again, thanks so much. Its great to find a website that offers quality products at such affordable prices!!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 05:42:52 PM »
The only way to find out how your skin will react and how long it will take to heal is to roll, stamp or needle a small area of skin - a test patch.