Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: We sell disinfectant now!  (Read 24935 times)

ranee13

We sell disinfectant now!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 04:29:58 PM »
Thanks for your reply. Would it be better to replace the liquid soap with dettol? I will dilute the methylated spirit for now until I find isopropyl alcohol as I can't find other disinfectants in the pharmacies. Thanks.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 09:14:57 AM »
Do you mean prior to dermarolling?  You can wipe your skin with Dettol but wash it off before rolling.

ranee13

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 03:35:40 PM »
Ok - just rinsing off is OK? WOuld I need to add any cream before rolling or just start rolling while it is wet.

Could I also use it for disinfecting the roller since I have difficulty in finding the right solution.

cris

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 05:55:52 PM »
Just to clarify, you don't recommend using 70% USP Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol for disinfecting the rollers?  I have a bottle made from Equate that I bought from Walmart.  

What about 3% Hydrogen Peroxide for the rollers?  And/or, can I use it to disinfect my face before rolling?

Thanks Sarah

ranee13

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 04:00:17 AM »
Hi Sarah,

I am still unable to find a proper disinfectant for my roller. Have you heard about Swan alcohol used to clean video heads? I can't seem to find much info on this product online. Was hoping you might know if this can be used. thanks.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »
Just rinse the Dettol off with tap water and start rolling, no creams added before rolling.

3% peroxide is not an efficient disinfection. Use Dettol on your face.

You can use Dettol to disinfect the roller but only if you can find Dettol that does not contain oils.

I do not recommend a high percentage Isopropyl because two of our customers wrote us the roller disintegrated after being soaked in 80 % Isoporpyl.

We soaked our dermaroller for 48 hours in 45% ethanol and 30% isopropyl without any problems whatsoever.

Swan alcohol contains a high percentage of isopropyl and sometimes acetone or other unsuitable ingredients.

Buy Ethyl rubbing alcohol.

Kat

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 03:33:45 AM »
Is it ok to just use plain isopropyl rubbing alcohol on the skin prior to rolling? It seems to be an issue finding ethanol where I live, unless I'm just not looking in the right places (I live in Canada). Or is there something else I can use for my face?

Also, before rolling, do I need to rinse alcohol off or will it quickly evaporate? Thanks in advance.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 05:59:28 PM »
Some tips are here:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Can-t-find-proper-disinfection-alcohol

Alcohol will quickly evaporate from the skin.  

You can use rubbing alcohol containing isopropyl to disinfect the skin but ethanol is perhaps a little gentler to the skin.

Kat

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 08:14:26 PM »
Thanks again for all your help! I (quite by accident while out shopping) managed to find ethanol so will be using it after all - it's good to know isopropyl is an ok alternative in a pinch though :)

Debm

• Forum member
Re: We sell disinfectant now!
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 08:03:41 AM »
If i only want to mix up the T each time and not as a liter, how much T to like enough to cover the roller - like to 1/2 cup of water or 1 cup of water?  (in teaspoons, not grams)

Debm

• Forum member
Re: We sell disinfectant now!
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 05:32:33 PM »
Maybe 1/8 t. of T to 1/2 cup water?