Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: betadine on large areas  (Read 9185 times)

legolas123

• Forum member
betadine on large areas
« on: September 16, 2011, 02:42:46 PM »
application of betadine on large areas in dangerous?the 70% ethyl alcohol solution (denatured) is suitable for skin and dermaroller or just for the dermaroller? thank you

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
betadine on large areas
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 09:06:51 AM »
You can use Betadine on large areas but wipe it off (or at least most of it) before rolling - do not roll it into the skin.  Betadine is used over large areas before surgery without any problems. Do not use Betadine if pregnant or breastfeeding.

70 percent ethanol can be used on the skin but it will temporarily dry the skin out a little.

Denatured alcohol is ethanol that has additives to make it unsuitable for drinking. One of the common additives to make ethanol undrinkable is adding methanol or isopropyl. This is suitable for skin- or dermaroller disinfection.

Nevertheless, not all denatured alcohols are suitable for skin disinfection or even for dermaroller disinfection. Do not use ethanol that contains gasoline, kerosene and other very harsh substances.

Alternatively, you could use our recently added product Chloramine-T (a 0.5% solution) for skin disinfection but be advised that this leaves a chlorine smell on your skin for half an hour or so.

You should first wash the skin with soap (take a bath or shower), therefore 0.5% will do, with Chloramine-T.

legolas123

• Forum member
betadine on large areas
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »
but how i wash   completely betadine from the area?how wipe the area after  use dermaroller?can i have an example with pictures of alcool used to disinfect the skin?i'm sorry but I can not understand

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
betadine on large areas
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 06:09:32 AM »
Wet a cotton pad with tap water and wipe the Betadine off your face.

Concerning  the alcohol:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Can-t-find-proper-disinfection-alcoholm/a>

legolas123

• Forum member
betadine on large areas
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 01:12:43 PM »
for example this  can also be used on the skin? [link deleted by admin]

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
betadine on large areas
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 08:19:29 AM »
Yes, this can definitely be used on the skin or for dermaroller disinfection.