Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Dermarolling a small (developping) scar on the lip upper lip  (Read 8082 times)

Esuhi

Dermarolling a small (developping) scar on the lip upper lip
« on: October 08, 2011, 05:44:25 PM »
Hi everyone,

I had the misfortune (or stupidity b/c I'm actually lucky nothing worse happened) of picking up a small wound that required stitching on my upper lip area (see picture)

I'm assuming that a small indented scar will form there similar to the one I picked up as a child. I'm 26 now, if that matters.

Anyways, my plan for now is (I"ll clear that with my doctor as well)

I'll start with silicone sheeting & creme.

If that doesn't provide a satisfying result, I'll try DermaRolling afterwards, i.e. when the scar is maybe 3-4 months old. I was thinking about using a 3line or even just a 1line roller at 1 or 1.5mm with the precare and postcare you describe in your pdf.

I'd stick to a treatment every 4 weeks and do at least 6 treatments before drawing any conclusions.

The next step after that would be the single needling from my point of view.

I was also thinking about the Dermastamp, but my scar isn't gonna be round or square at all, I suppose / hope. What do you think about that?

Does my plan of action make sense to you? Should I wait longer before needling, say until the scar has fully matured after 1 or 2 years?

Should needling be started as soon as possible?

Finally, two special questions: Can I actually needle into my lip (my scar wound goes in there about 2-3mm)? Is it just gonna be too painful or should it not be done for other reasons?

I have found reports that Vitamin E is bad / does nothing for scars. You're aware of those reports and Vitamin C and A that you use has nothing to do with that. Am I correct here?

Thanks in advance,

Esuhi

Attached files

Esuhi

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 04:38:46 AM »
Also: Should I do more research on Copper Peptides and similar peels? I'm not quite sure if they would be helpful in my case.

Finally: I just found that the creator of this thing, Des Fernandes, said that this is impossible to do without anaesthesia.

https://http://asgic.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=gotopost&board=Scar&thread=98&post=1099

You're using the same 1.5mm roller on your face though and pressing hard, aren't you?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 09:59:51 AM »
I would recommend you to wait for 3 months (the wound may heal without a scar).  If there is a scar after 3 months, needle it with the single needle.

The single needle is very suitable for this kind of scars. You do not need a dermaroller or a dermastamp. Do not needle the scar densely - first you have to find out how the scared skin will react to needling. If it heals well, you can needle it more densely.

Yes I have read about vit. E not being effective in speeding up wound healing.

Rolling with a 1.5 mm is painful but most of our customers are able to use it without a numbing cream. From my experience, the most painful area of the body and face is the area above the lip.  I have to use a numbing cream when I roll that area with long needles. If needling your scar is too painful, use a numbing cream or ice. However, needling is less painful than dermarolling since in dermarolling many needles are in the skin at the same time whereas in single needling, only one needle is inside the skin. Dr. Fernandez also often rolls with a dermaroller that has 3 mm long needles. That most certainly requires a numbing cream or preferably a local anesthetic, as he prefers.

Esuhi

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 11:22:18 AM »
Thank you for your reply.

Just going over what I need to buy then:

THe needles

Disinfectant

Vitamin C & Bottle

Infadolan (for aftercare)

I can't buy the A-Ret here apparently(Germany), so I'll have to skip that part of the prep-work. Should I just use the infadolan to prepare along with the Vit C or just the Vit C?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 03:18:15 PM »
In your case, you do not need the vit. C and the A-Ret preparation. It is just a very small scar. The preparation is needed for acne scars or stretch marks. Buy the single needles and the disinfectant.