Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Rolled and used a cream that caused extreme stinging! Please advise  (Read 6491 times)

nchantrez

Hi Sarah,

4 days ago I used the 0.5 derma roller which I usually use with no problems but this time I applied 2 topicals immediately after rolling my face.

The first topical (serum) I applied has these ingredients:

Distilled Water, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Sodium PCA, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Pomegranate Extract, Natural Active Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, L-Carnosine, Boswellia Serrata, Niacinamide, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Centella Asiatica, Horse Chestnut Extract, Betulinic Acid, Green Tea EGCG, Epidermal Growth Factor BT, Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Methylparaben (and) Propylparaben

The second topical (cream) I applied has these ingredients:

Water, jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) seed oil, sea kelp bioferment, sorbitol, butylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, stearyl alcohol, sesame (Sesamum indicum) seed oil, almond (Prunus amygdalus dulcis ) oil, avocado (Persea gratissima) oil, Pomegranate (Punica granatum) seed oil, rosehip (Rosa affinis rubiginosa) seed oil, natural active peptides, fucoidan, Indian pennyworth (Centella asiatica) extract, L-carnosine, ceramides, Aloe vera polysaccharides (mannnans), Indian frankincense (Boswellia serrata ) extract , coconut (Cocos nucifera) endosperm, sodium hyaluronate, copper peptide (GHK copper), glycerol, epidermal growth factor, astaxanthin (and) lycopene (and) alpha-D-tocopherol (and) tocotrienols (and) lutein (and) alpha lipoic acid, polysorbate 20, citric acid, dimethicone, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, phenoxyethanol methylparaben, propylparaben.

After applying these 2 creams I felt such an uncomfortable stinging / burning sensation, but I kept it on for a many hours thinking that was just the healing properties doing it's "job".

Now I notice that I have some weird brown pigmentation that looks like these topicals somehow burned my skin. My skin looks bad after this.

Please dear Sarah tell me if I caused any permanent damage rolling then applying these topicals into my skin??

Do you see any ingredients that could irritate my skin so severely after rolling?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Rolled and used a cream that caused extreme stinging! Please advise
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 03:52:28 AM »
Do not worry, the stains will disappear. They most likely result from the acidic components of the creams or from alcohols but it is difficult to judge, it can also be some other ingredient. The problem is that when you use acids or other potential irritants on open skin, their capacity to cause problems is amplified a hundred fold due to the open skin after rolling.  It is always good to do a test patch first. I once experienced the same when I applied the A-Ret gel to my entire face right after rolling with a 0.2 mm dermaroller. I experienced stinging pain for many hours and reddish spots afterwards. The spots completely disappeared.  I do not recommend applying the A-Ret gel right after dermarolling but I do recommend it after needling of localized areas-such as individual stubborn stretch marks or scars, including acne scars.

Your experience shows the power of dermarolling - it highly increases the absorption of anything applied right after dermarolling.