Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Newbie Needs Help  (Read 5753 times)

ldriver

Newbie Needs Help
« on: October 20, 2011, 09:41:34 PM »
I'm new to Dermarolling/Microneedling and have several questions...

I have a small scar above my lip, more than likely from a previous acne breakout at somepoint, that I am trying to get rid of. I have previously consulted several Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons as I was extremely unhappy about it. The scar is longer and thin and still quite red, approx a year old now. In an attempt to correct the scar the Dr. injected some Restylane into the area, which did nothing and later we tried laser resurfacing which also resulted in no change whatsoever to the scar.

I recently purchased a 1.5mm roller and I use Retin-A every other day already. How frequently should I be rolling the area? Would I see better results with a one line roller or even the individual needles? When I do roll the area can I immediately apply the Retin-A over the top for deeper penetration and collagen stimulation?

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Newbie Needs Help
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 02:59:50 PM »
Is the scar indented? It would be much better to use the single needle in your case. Needle it once in 3-4 weeks. The area above the lip is very sensitive and it is painful to needle there but to needle just a small scar should be bearable. Do not apply the A-Ret immediately after needling.  I recommend applying the A-Ret immediately after needling or rolling in case of scars with hardened collagen which is not your case.

Do not needle the whole scar during your first needling session. Do just a small part of the scar to see how it will heal.