Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Will dermarolling affect tattoos?  (Read 11387 times)

soon

Will dermarolling affect tattoos?
« on: October 28, 2011, 02:02:21 AM »
Hi all :)

After seeing my results, a tattooed friend wants to start needling & rolling.

She wants to know if rolling will affect her tattoo's.

I have no idea & found no definitive answer via Google. :confused:

If you know or have experience please let me know.

Cheers soon

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »
Tattoos are placed deep in the skin - into the dermis. The dermis has an extremely slow turnover/renewal rate. More details here:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/preventive-dermarolling

The extremely slow turnover of the cells in the dermis is on the reasons why a tattoo in the deep dermis (1 mm or deeper) lasts a lifetime. Tattoos slightly lighten over the years but the pigment stays for many, many years. Permanent make-up is not inserted as deep so it lasts long but not as long as a tattoo.

However when the dermis is injured, our body has to repair the damage and thus the dermis is partially or fully renewed. If it is a serious injury, our body unfortunately quickly fixes it with scar tissue to protect us from infection etc.

Dermarolling causes microinjuries. They are not so serious to cause scars, nevertheless they do trigger healing and regeneration responses in the skin.

Dermarolling with needles that reach the dermis trigger partial renewal of the dermis. This can theoretically speed up the fading of a tattoo if the needles reach the tattoo.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 03:38:32 PM by SarahVaughter »

soon

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 11:22:18 PM »
Thank you Sarah.

Your so generous, giving detailed & easy to understand advise.

Cheers