Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Lasting redness  (Read 5925 times)

Daisy

Lasting redness
« on: November 06, 2011, 05:25:24 PM »
Hi, I have been dermarolling and needling for a 2 month period and have been noticing that my stretch marks turn from white to pink. They stay that way even after a week of needling/dermarolling. What does it mean?

And also, after the treatments they are pretty much disappeared for a time period of days. I understand that that is because of inflammation, but could they be the expected results also?

And I sometimes feel a bit of burning/itching sensation around that area, even after the inflammation has gone.

Thanks, if there's any need I can keep an update.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Lasting redness
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:01:56 AM »
Needling is a much more intensive treatment than dermarolling and the needled areas remain red longer. Even three weeks of redness is not exceptional. There is nothing wrong. The regeneration is in process.

You can only judge your results after a much longer time than a couple of days after dermarolling. The results can be permanent but usually, the initial couple of day’s improvement right after dermarolling is due to temporary inflammation.

Burning or itching sensation is also normal. The skin is being renewed and this causes all kinds of sensations, change in color, peeling et.