Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Trying to determine a needle for my stretch mark  (Read 5782 times)

LXRUN

Trying to determine a needle for my stretch mark
« on: November 11, 2011, 06:43:40 PM »
Hi everyone. So I have a couple deep stretch marks on my body that i want to help blend in with my skin. I am a 26 year old male, olive skin tone. I have recently used a 1.5 mm dermaroller 4 times one month apart each...So after each session i noticed i was inflamed for about 4 days max. No blood was drawn just swollen and red......After the swelling went down I noticed that the skin surrounding the mark turned dark and hyper-pigmented, is that normal? I was wondering if I should use the more narrow roller? That way I don't damage the unaffected area? Any info would be great :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Trying to determine a needle for my stretch mark
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 02:30:12 PM »
Four days of redness after dermarolling is not unusual. Some temporary hyperpigmentation of the rolled area is also normal and it should subside.

It is however possible that your skin overreacted to dermarolling and produced more pigment in the surrounding skin instead of producing pigment in the stretch marks only.

Did you get hyperpigmentation in the surrounding skin after each dermarolling and if yes, did it eventually subside?

If you have just a few stretch marks, use the single needles. Single-needling is a much more targeted treatment than using a narrow roller or even a one-liner. It will enable you to target the stretch mark precisely, avoiding the surrounding skin.