Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Microdermabrasion crystals and combining it with dermarolling?  (Read 5196 times)

xxjackiex

Microdermabrasion crystals and combining it with dermarolling?
« on: November 12, 2011, 09:21:33 PM »
would this be effective?  also i have no idea how to use it but i think i would order  do i just rub it on my skin in the shower on the days of not dermarolling?

also wondering your opinion on

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Microdermabrasion crystals and combining it with dermarolling?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 05:45:34 AM »
I don't especially recommend any kind of dermabrasion crystals, no.

Fine salt, baking soda or ground coffee are approx. 100 times cheaper way of effective exfoliation. But of course you can use whatever you prefer.

As to your other link: I can't comment on all the millions of products out there and we strongly discourage posting links to products here. This forum is intended to answer customer questions about our own products only - that already takes nearly all my available time, sorry.

I am flooded with questions regarding the efficacy of various creams, serums, oils etc. The thing is that I cannot evaluate the merits of hundreds of various products.  On top of that, a proper evaluation can only be done by an independent study, in which a cream is applied for example on the left half of the face of 20 individuals for three months and at the end there is a comparison to the right part of the face where the cream had not been applied. There is no way I can conduct such studies.

Do not overdo it with the exfoliation frequency.  Exfoliation is good but it removes the natural oils from the skin and if performed too often, you can end up with dull, dry skin.  If oils are removed, the skin replaces them but it takes some time and too frequent exfoliation makes it difficult for the skin.