Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Best treatment for this kind of acne.  (Read 8091 times)

Windsor00

Best treatment for this kind of acne.
« on: November 30, 2011, 04:15:37 PM »
Dear Sarah,

First of all I am a medical student and I know I should see a dermatologist in order to get this procedure or to even just get the Genuine Derma Roller for home use( since they don't sell to public) but... I live in France and CIT isn't used by practicians yet.

So I did a lot of research on internet and found your site legitimate since you don't try to lie and tell your customers that your are not a doctor and that your dermaroller is not the original but the best of the copies.

So here I go, I have acne scars on my forehead :

As you can see the scars are not very deep but there's a lot and I wan't to get rid of it and I think fractional CO2 laser is to invasive.

So here are my questions:

--> Considering my picture what do you think is the best CIT treatment for me( what should I put on my skin before dermarolling, what should I put on it after, what size of needles should I use, should I use single needles....)?

--> Is it ok to use 1.5mm derma roller at home if you are very careful since all medical sources say home dermarolling should not exceed 0.5mm? ( that's a hard one:)) I'm aware your need long needles for acne scars but I'm a bit afraid to use the 1.5mm by myself even though I have good notions of sterility safety.

--> And finally should I use the 0.5 mm (once a week) and the 1.5mm( once a month) at the same time?

Thank you a lot in advance for answering my questions!

Sorry for my lack of English I did my best (I'm French).

Cheers,

Windsor00

Attached files

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 06:45:24 PM »
Bonjour :-)

I wish my French was as good as your English!

Concerning your question about safety, I address a similar question here:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Concerns-and-questions-regarding-dermarolling

There really is no need to have the dermarolling done by a dermatologist. You can safely do it yourself.

You seem to have a mixture of boxcar- and rolling scars.

Boxcar-type of depressions are caused by tissue atrophy resulting from long-term inflammatory damage due to acne.

Rolling scars are caused by the epidermis being pull down to the subcutaneous layer by fibrous bands.

I would recommend a combination of a 1.5 mm dermaroller, a 0.5 mm dermaroller and the single needles.

Once every three to four weeks, use the single needles on your deepest scars and after that, roll your entire forehead densely with the 1.5 mm dermaroller. All in one session.

Roll the whole forehead twice a week with the 0.5 mm dermaroller.

After several months, you can add some kind of improvised suction:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Subcision-suction-method-for-acne-scarsDbr />

Fraxel laser works according to the same principle as dermarolling. It makes micro-injuries to the skin, triggering the regeneration and remodeling of the skin. Fraxel "pricks" the skin thermically (it is more prone to hyperpigmentation, burns etc), a dermaroller does it mechanically

Please remember to give us your feedback on your results. We get many emails from customers saying that dermarolling/dermastamping/needling improved their acne scars, usually after at least a year of monthly rolling sessions. Unfortunately, nobody sent us any before and after photos as of yet. About a year ago I told my husband that one day I would like to needle acne scars (he has just a few) on his forehead and photo-document the process of improvement. He faintly nodded (to get rid of me).  Some days ago I took the single needle and tried to catch my husband who saw the needle and promptly ran away. He said: "no way I am going to go through such an ordeal just because you need a photo. Find yourself another victim". Sigh.

Windsor00

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 05:37:43 AM »
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for this answer it is as informative as it gets.

I'm gonna start the treatment with 0.5mm, 1.5mm and single needles and I will give you my feedback

so you don't have to torture your husband.

I'm not sure about suction yet I may try it later when there is more informations about the subject and

significant proves that it works. But if you hear more about it please keep us updated!

Thank you again.

Cheers, Windsor.

Windsor00

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 06:41:06 AM »
Sorry to bug you again but I think this is an interesting question.

Have you heard of NEOSTRATA crem? It's glycolic acid.(fruit acids)

Basically it is a peeling cream. It's what they use with medical peelings except the cream they sell to public

is only 15% concentrated.

Apparently this cream is fantastic it makes your skin look 10 years younger within 2 months.

So my question is do you think combining Neostrata and Dermarolling can make great results?

Cheers,

Windsor.