Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Not advisable do sports after dermarolling?  (Read 8588 times)

Lino Bianchi

Not advisable do sports after dermarolling?
« on: December 09, 2011, 11:53:44 AM »
Hi Sarah,

I read on a website offering dermarolling that one shouldn't train or practice sports after dermarolling. I actually did ... do you think it really does affect the results?

thank you for your answer

Lino

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 02:29:37 PM »
No, it doesn't affect the results but it is not a good idea to do really exhausting, perspiration-provoking exercise immediately after dermarolling with long needles - for example rolling your entire abdomen with a 1.5 mm dermaroller and immediately go running a marathon or do sport or anything that involves getting the rolled area dirty, injured or touched. The skin is inflamed for an hour or two after dermarolling with long needles; it is vulnerable and is slightly prone to infection so you should just treat it accordingly. I don't think there is any problem with mild exercise as long as you do not touch the rolled area and it is not in a dusty or dirty environment.

If you get scabs (they sometimes form after needling or stamping). Do not pick on the scabs - it could cause scarring. Let them fall off naturally. Do not use anything that can make the scabs fall off prematurely- such as exfoliation, massage, friction during exercise etc.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 03:45:19 PM by SarahVaughter »

Lino Bianchi

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 05:28:49 PM »
thank you Sarah,

very clear as usual ;-)

have a good night

Lino