Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Stretchmark dermarolling advice please re. individual needling per scar.  (Read 9186 times)

Cleopatra

I read in another post that for stretchmarks, as well as the regular dermarolling, you should also needle each individual scar with the single needle.

I have EXTREME stretchmarks all over my stomach from pregnancy. Not only do i have more scars than i could count, they are very, very long and extremely wide (many are 1cm wide and up to 20cm long!!), so i would never be able to effectively needle these with a single needle.

Can you suggest how i should best treat these scars with microneedling?  Should i use one of the single row or triple row rollers on them?   And how often should i needle/dermaroll?

Or, seeing as the whole of my lower stomach is completely covered with these scars, with barely any gaps inbetween scars before the next one starts, would the regular dermaroller do just as good a job, just used more often?

Id like to place an order with you as soon as possible, so really appreciate your advice.

Thanks so much for your help.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Stretchmark dermarolling advice please re. individual needling per scar.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 10:02:02 AM »
You should buy a regular 1.5 mm roller and a 1.5 mm one liner and follow the instructions called "Recommended approach for stretch marks, scars or wrinkles" described here: https://http://shop.owndoc.com/p-181/oneliner15.html

Pretreat your stretch marks as it is explained in our dermarolling instructions:

https://http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Cleopatra

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »
Thanks Sarah. Those products are now in my cart. I'm so taken with the idea of needling after reading so many positive recommendations that i think id like to give it a go on my face too. May i please ask for a little advice about that so i can order everything together? I'll open a new thread so as not to confuse topics incase my questions can help anyone else. Thanks. xxxxx

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 12:09:31 PM »
Cleopatra, I certainly do not mean to deter your from dermarolling your face but since you described your stretch marks as "EXTREME", you also want to roll for sagging abdominal skin and you have two children to look after, you will likely have no time to concentrate on both your face and on your abdomen.  Treating stretch marks is quite laborious because the most effective treatment is to roll each stretch mark very thoroughly with the one liner dermaroller or needle it with the single needle.  I will answer your question as soon as I have time.

Cleopatra

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 01:12:58 PM »
Thanks Sarah for your honest advice.

I do have quite a lot of help to look after my children as i live with family, which gives me more time to myself than if i was caring for them alone (im blessed!).  I'll certainly just start on the stretchmarks on my stomach, as i can appreciate that starting a totally new regime on both my stretchmarks AND face at the same time would likely be a little confusing. However, when im well underway with my stretchmark treatment, and can do it automatically without thinking about the regime too much, id definitely like to start a program of dermarolling care for my face.  Im guessing it will take me a month to get used to the whole new regime for my stomach, so i guess i'll order the items for that now and wait until i hear back from you regards the kit for my face.

Im genuinely grateful for your candid responses.

Marie x