Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Would you consider selling suction cups for scars?  (Read 9135 times)

cj123

• Forum member
Would you consider selling suction cups for scars?
« on: July 15, 2012, 11:46:00 PM »
Sarah, I recently posted a link in another thread about a device that can be used to remove poison or used on scars to lift the tissue. The device sounds promising but it only comes as part of a kit with many other suction cups. I'm only interested in purchasing this device and one suction cup to go with it. Would you consider selling something like this?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:47:06 PM by cj123 »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Re: Would you consider selling suction cups for scars?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 12:36:02 PM »
Actually, we will have them in stock hopefully at the end of next month or perhaps sooner.
The sales price will be around 23 dollars and there will be several differently sized suction cups.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:59:35 PM by SarahVaughter »

cj123

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 12:55:07 AM »
Thanks Sarah that's good to hear.

Will you be selling regular cups or the device that you attach to a cup and that creates much stronger suction? By this device I mean like the green plastic ones that are used to remove poison.

I would really like to give this a try but not sure if regular suction cups are enough for tethered scar tissue.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:57:17 AM by cj123 »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 05:26:30 PM »
We have contacted the French company that markets Aspivenin and they gave us wholesale prices, but the entire company seems to have vanished into thin air. They do not respond to emails anymore, they do not take their phone and when, after a lot of effort, we finally managed to get through to someone who knew them, we were promised they would get back to us the next day, which didn't happen.

A similar story with another vendor of another suction cup product. These companies all seem to have gone out of business and the available products seem to be rest stock.

If anyone can point me to a similar suction cup product such as Aspivenin, let me know. These products do not seem to be viable for their intended market (venom suction).

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 05:59:44 PM »
I found another vendor - we've submitted an order - let's hope they'll respond..

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 07:58:37 AM »
They have accepted our order and I am happy to say we will be able to offer a suction cup device with three sizes of suction cups for a price cheaper than our cheapest dermaroller. It should take less than a month before they'll be in stock:

https://http://shop.owndoc.com/product-info.php?suction-pump-scars-pid212.html
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:05:29 PM by SarahVaughter »

cj123

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 12:32:56 AM »
Thanks Sarah.  :)  This is exactly what I was looking for. The price is great too and I know your shipping charges are always reasonable.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:34:06 AM by cj123 »

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 02:55:55 PM »
They'll need at least three weeks for production, I have just been informed. Then it will take another week or two for them to reach us.