Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Is this all I need for a successful dermarolling treatment?  (Read 11035 times)

Heinz

Is this all I need for a successful dermarolling treatment?
« on: January 26, 2012, 01:51:36 AM »
Hi,

I'm a 27 years old male with mild boxcar, some tiny and mild ice pick, and enlarged pores on my cheek. Over the past few years, I tried both microdermabrasion and chemical peeling but saw very little improvement. Right now I'm thinking of giving dermarolling a try but not sure which items I need to buy. Here is what I have so far:

• 0.5mm dermaroller <--- to be used once or twice per week?

• 1.5mm dermastamp <--- once every 3 weeks or per month

• Disinfectant Chloramine-T

• Vitamin C <--- gonna use it one week before starting my dermarolling treatment

My skin is oily and acne prone so I'm kinda worried that Infadolan may increase the risk of acne breakout. Any advice on this?

Also, should I stop using toner and cleanser that contain salicyclic acid when under dermarolling treatment?

Last but not least, can anyone link to me to some good instruction video on how to use dermastamp and dermaroller on face? I already read the pdf instruction but it would be nice to see someone actually use it.

Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 03:58:38 PM »
The combination of a 0.5 dermaroller and a 1.5 mm dermastamp proved to be very effective for acne scars and uneven skin texture. Good choice.

You do not have to use Infadolan but keep the skin well moisturized after dermarolling or stamping. Infadolan is a semi-occlusive ointment that prevents water evaporation from the skin and thus keeps it extra moisturized. Adding "water creams" or glycerin to the skin does not moisturize it for more than several minutes. Topically added water actually increases the evaporation of water from the skin. The skin contains enough water. The top layer of the skin works as a barrier that prevents evaporation from the skin. If this barrier doesn't work properly or is temporarily compromised, the skin becomes dry. Adding water does not solve it. Establishing a barrier that prevents water evaporation solves it. That is why oils are much better moisturizers than any light moisturizing cream because oils form a film on the skin that prevents the evaporation of water. The film however can be a problem with acne prone skin.

If you are prone to acne,  apply a cream you are used to. Preferable a little heavier cream than a very light hydrating cream. Especially after rolling with long needles.

No, you do not have to stop using your skin care products with salicylic acid but do not use it on the day after rolling or stamping with long needles (> 0.5 mm). A day after is already OK, provided the skin is not "raw" any more.

Heinz

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 02:17:51 AM »
Awesome, thx for your helpful reply.

apurva.mudaliar

Re: Is this all I need for a successful dermarolling treatment?
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 08:48:04 AM »
hi,i never apply any moisturising cream on my skin as it triggers acne.So can i apply benzoyl peroxide cream on the dermastamped skin.If not please suggest any alternative.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 02:53:33 PM »
Benzoyl peroxide is too harsh a chemical to apply right after stamping and there is no reason to apply it. It does not moisturize the skin, it actually dries it out and that is not a good idea right after rolling. If you cannot apply any moisturizing substance, then apply nothing at all.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 02:54:12 PM by SarahVaughter »

apurva.mudaliar

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 01:27:34 AM »
Thankyou so much sarah...!!