Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Any other recommendations for skin creams / vitamin E?  (Read 12939 times)

healing

Any other recommendations for skin creams / vitamin E?
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:37:48 AM »
Hi Sarah,

I am currently following your dermarolling/single needling advice (SN: once every 4 weeks; DR: 2ce a week, 0.5mm). I am using the topical vitamin C solution and Infadolan. You write in the guide that Infadolan contains vitamin A. I was wondering, are there any other recommendations you could make about other things we could apply to help the healing process? In particular, do you recommend applying something with vitamin E as well? I've heard in the past a lot that vitamin E is super important for healing wounds - but I've also heard there is some evidence to show it has a negative effect on old scars. Is it worth applying a vitamin E serum too?

Thanks

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 08:20:11 AM »
Dermarolling doesn’t remove skin layers, it just merely pricks it and that is why it heals very rapidly and nicely. There is nothing special required, other than supplying ithe skin with vitamins and keeps it moisturized. Infadolan has vit. A and D.

Concerning vit. E:

https://http://scholar.googleusercontent.com/scholar?q=cache:2n35NMFTs6oJ:scholar.google.com

Vitamin E

The role of vitamin E (a-tocopherol) in wound

healing  
is controversial, because possesses positive

and negative effects. Vitamin E is a known antiox-

idant that has anti-inflammatory properties. It alters

prostaglandin production by inhibiting phospholipase

A2 activity, resulting in decreased collagen produc-

tion and decreased inflammation. Most authors agree

that high doses of vitamin E lead to delayed wound

healing  
[25]. For cutaneous wounds, topical vitamin E

appears to offer no cosmetic benefit and its applica-

tion may actually be detrimental [26].

For diabetics, vitamin E may offer some benefit in

wound healing. Two studies [27,28] using diabetic

mice models have shown improvement in wound

healing  
using vitamin E, by a proposed mechanism

of inhibition of lipid peroxidation. Although the exact

role of vitamin E in wound healing is not understood,

it appears to involve cell differentiation, epithelializa-

tion, cell-mediated immunity, the early inflammatory

response, and angiogenesis [29,30]

However, the results of studies concerning vit. E and would healing are inconsistent.

Lainey

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 11:14:46 AM »
Hi Sarah,

I also have a question about products that are safe to use after needling. I have purchased some Cosmetic Skin Solutions Hydra B5 Gel. The ingredients are water, Pantothenic acid (B5), Hyaluronic acid (sodium hyaluronate), and phenoxeyethanol. Are these ingrdients safe to use following the vitamin C serum after a .5mm needling for product penetration (weekly)? And would it have any negative effects after a 1.5mm needling (once every 5-6 weeks)? I don't want to harm the collagen growth process!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 12:18:36 PM »
I am very sorry but this forum is to support our products only.

If I would have to analyze every company's products I would not have time to answer questions about our own products.

It takes sometimes one hour or more of diligent work, searching in medical databases etc. to find out possible side effects of all the substances in the products sold online.

Sometimes it may seem that way but I am not a walking medical encyclopedia - many questions have to be meticulously researched before I can answer them.

Lainey

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »
Sorry, Sarah. I asked the question because you seem to have a lot of knowledge, both about your own products and about skin products in general.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 11:26:39 AM »
The problem is that I am totally flooded with emails asking about the effectiveness or safety of various creams and ingredients and it is impossible for me to assess the efficacy of cosmetic creams or the safety/properties of hundreds of various ingredients.

Yes, you can apply your cream after dermarolling. Phenoxeyethanol is just a preservative preventing the growth of bacteria and fungi.

I have written about Hyaluronic acid here:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/can-I-use-the-Hyaluronic-acid-serum-100-pure

If you make your own creams and do not add any preservatives, you should keep them in the fridge and use it up quite quickly.