Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Neck and dermarolling  (Read 25476 times)

Poppy

Neck and dermarolling
« on: March 11, 2012, 12:11:25 AM »
Hi Sarah,

I received my 2nd order few days ago, this time two 0.5 rollers plus other items. I am wondering if the skin on neck is appropriate for the needles to plump the area as a preventive to creepy neck. I have few neck rings since I was a teen. Will rolling with 0.5 improve those areas as well. I am in my forties now. Thanks.

Oh, can I use the 0.5 daily on the face if my skin can tolerate it?

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Neck and dermarolling
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 01:12:36 PM »
You can certainly use your dermaroller on the neck. The lines will likely get shallower with dermarolling however the lines are continuously reinforced by bending your head. If the lines have been formed by skin folds that appear on the neck when you bend your head forward, you will not be able to prevent their re-appearance.

Dermarolling can help preventing the loss of skin elasticity of the neck and it can thicken the skin but it cannot prevent the effects of gravity-loosening of the ligaments that run from the skin to the bone and holds the skin in place. As a result of ligament loosening, the skin starts to hang.

Using a 0.5 mm every second day is already more than enough, even on thick skin.

Poppy

Neck and dermarolling
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 12:03:55 AM »
Thanks, I appreciate your detailed explanation.  The rings weren't caused by fatty folds on the neck. Seriously I doubt the roller will erase the rings hopeful thinking only. I have tried to do some exercises to firm the jawline but they tend to pull the ligaments in not a good way. My skin's elasticity is still fine. Peeps still think I am 30. I also have the narrow 0.5 which I now use on the scalp and yesterday I tried for the first time on my hands and all I got were scratches, eeks. I must have gone too fast over them. I use the normal one on my face since it can reach below the eyes for me. I would have bought 2 normal ones instead if I had known. Neck was pink after light use which is nice. Right now I am concentrating on pitted scars revision. My areas of concern are on the nose, one very obvious scar caused by 2 cystic pimples and after healing the affected scar tissues form a pitted slit. Things look promising now after 2 sessions of intensive needling with single needle. I will update if I get good results.

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Neck and dermarolling
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 10:06:55 AM »
If you roll the neck with needles longer than 0.5 mm, do not push the needles too much into your Adam's apple. You can use a dermaroller on that area, but only gently, not applying much pressure.

This is how it looks like after rolling the neck and decollete with a 1.5 mm dermaroller - the neck was more gently rolled, esp. the Adam's apple:

Attached files

Carmen

Re: Neck and dermarolling
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 11:55:56 AM »
Dear Sarah,
I also have neck rings since I was a teen. After weight gain they seems to get worse, even though I am only 28 and have rather good facial skin, my neck is showing signs of aging. I wish to start using rollers on my neck, could you advice which roller should I choose? And also the frequency? (I am new to derma rolling)
I am quite fair and skin is sensitive, previously I used 20% glycolic acid serum and skinceuticals retinol 1.0 on my neck and caused redness and minor peeling. So I try to avoid products that may cause discomfort, could you advice which products I should be using on my neck after derma roller?
Thank you ! 

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 05:30:51 PM »
I suggest a 1 mm regular dermaroller. Roll densely every 10-14 days. Do not push the needles too much into your Adam's apple. You can use a dermaroller on that area, but only gently, not applying much pressure. Apply a little of our Infadolan ointment right after rolling and a few days after (for as long as the skin is dry after dermarolling).

Carmen

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 04:58:36 AM »
Thank you Sarah, you are a star!
Do you think I need to buy a 1.0mm or 1.5mm derma stamp to focus on the neck rings? Do I also need to get a 0.5mm dermaroller, to use in between the 10-14 days interval? Thank you!

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 05:06:54 AM »
A 1 5 mm dermastamp is too deep for the neck area. The skin is not very thick here. You can combine it with a 0.5 mm dermastamp if you are primarily concerned about the "rings".

If your concern is more an overall sagging of the skin, you can combine the 1 mm roller with the 0.5 mm roller.