Derminator

Please only post questions when you could not find the answer searching this forum or our instructions. Pre-and post-sales questions about our products only. Thank you!

Author Topic: Fraxel and Dermarolling  (Read 8443 times)

Kat

Fraxel and Dermarolling
« on: March 19, 2012, 07:42:22 PM »
I was reading a post from an older thread regarding dermarolling on skin that has undergone fraxel, and wanted some further clarification about my specific case before investing my time and money into dermarollers etc.

I received 5 fraxel treatments a few years back for dilated pores and pitted acne scars. There was some improvement with the scars but minor scarring and dilated pores still remain. The fraxel also caused some hyperpigmentation above my lips and around my eyes (looks like I am wearing white goggles if I get even moderate sun exposure, but otherwise not very dark) which the doctor refused to acknowledge. I'm looking to correct the pigmentation issue as well as refine my pores and further even out my skin. I really want these small acne scars to go away.

2 estheticians have told me I have small pores which have become dilated due to excess oil production. My pores clog quickly. I protect my skin from the sun but even so, I still get that annoying goggle look and no longer tan evenly. I just freckle in odd places. I'm young (32) but wouldn't mind reducing the fine lines around my eyes and using dermaneedling as a preventative measure against aging.

So my hopes are that I can get good results from this. You mentioned to the other lady who used fraxel that she may not get great results from dermaneedling because of her specific issues, so I'm curious as to whether you think dermaneedling will work for me. I know the results vary from person to person but I hope my chances are at least good.

If I seem a good candidate I was thinking of trying the .5 mm roller 3 times per week followed by vit c and vit a ointment, and every 2 weeks using a 1 or 1.5 mm followed by copper peptides. Retinol cream and hyaluronic acid seem like good options too. Please let me know what you would recommend. Thanks very much.

Kat

Fraxel and Dermarolling
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 08:44:13 PM »
I just wanted to add one thing: the a-ret creams confuse me a bit. There are 3 available strengths and I assume the stronger ones work for tougher problems, but should I start low and work my way up? Will the weakest cream still be as effective? You sell 2 different brands and I wonder if they're equally good. Are they similar to prescription retin-A or are prescription creams more/less effective?

I have some vitamin a supplements (oil drops) and wonder if I can add a bit to the cream to make it work better? I figure the derivative is different structurally but thought maybe since I'm not using these drops for anything else that they might be nice when added to lotions, etc. just curious. Thanks :)

SarahVaughter

• www.owndoc.com
  • Administrator
  • Medical journalist
Fraxel and Dermarolling
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 04:08:11 PM »
You have asked the same questions in another forum posting so my answer is there. Yours is #7:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Please-help-a-newbie-fix-his-acne-scars!

>You mentioned to the other lady who used fraxel that she may not get great results

>from dermaneedling because of her specific issues

I guess you mean my comment in this forum posting:

https://http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/Newbie-with-severe-skin-issues-please-can-I-have-some-advice

"Concerning dermarolling, I am not sure what to expect because you underwent a Fraxel Repair procedure, which is a very intensive treatment. It vaporizes fractions of the skin and can go up to 1.6 mm into the skin. It works on the same principle as dermarolling - causing very small skin injuries not serious enough to become a scar but big enough to trigger healing/regeneration processes that result in improved, rejuvenated skin.

Lasers injure the skin by heat, dermarollers do it mechanically.

Since you underwent a treatment that is based on the same principle and did not get any results, I do not think you can expect miracles from dermarolling."

Well, it just means that if you underwent several deep Fraxel laser treatments and you got no results, it is not very probable you will get extraordinary results from dermarolling.

I will answer your question about our A-Ret creams later in a new sticky thread with the title: "Questions about our three A-Ret creams".

Kat

Fraxel and Dermarolling
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »
Thanks Sarah, I appreciate your feedback :)